Sierra bullets sold out

furrybean

Increase, improve and expand are three corporate words that cost a lot of money. You can be sure the bullets won't be getting cheaper!!

What we need is some British person to figure out how to shove a lead rod into a copper cup in their shed using an old lawn mower and some duct tape.

I'm sure Shifty Pete's bullet company would do well.

I think they're called British Aerospace - but they won't sell 'em to us!

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/08/22/1091022/0/en/Clarus-Acquires-Sierra-Bullets-for-79-Million.html

Looks like a fund have bought out Sierra.

First thoughts are that it will become more profit driven and standards may suffer

Oh ffs, cheer up or give us a day off.

Well we wouldn't want them to be profit driven would we. No, that might make them greedy, choose to invest in a successful business, introduce more product lines to compete with Berger, increase production and produce more bullets....

They are American not English

Vince :D

Chanonry is correct on this one I think, there seems to be a more 'can do and improve' attitude towards investing over the pond rather than the cynical asset strip UK variety.

The US businesses live literally by their customer support and service and are usually very attentive to it. Unlike too many UK business ventures.....

Other than that I'd love too see and support a UK bullet manufacturer but I doubt the UK domestic market would justify the investment needed to get a serious outfit off the ground?

Archived