Picatinny bag rider?

Is there such a thing as a bag rider that fits onto a picatinny rail?

My Ruger Precision has a picatinny rail on the bottom of the butt end. What I'm after is something that will mount on that and raise the butt end when resting on a bag.

Like the bag rider that comes with the KRG XRay chassis but with a picatinny mount.

I had this problem with my GRS Bolthorn chassis - I removed the picatinny rail and fitted a custom made bag rider madefor me by David Bonwick of The Shooting Shed.

post-13070-0-70604100-1501756551_thumb.jpg

post-13070-0-64619500-1501756673_thumb.jpg

post-13070-0-26071300-1501756727_thumb.jpg

Because when shooting off a bipod with a rear bag at both of my clubs, the rear bag I use isn't high enough and the rifle aims above the target as they are set quite low to the ground.

I can't adjust my Atlas bipod any lower and if I use a larger bag it's either unstable or gets in the way when prone.

The bag rider that came with the KRG XRay that my .223 lives in, perfectly fixes the problem so a similar one that will fit my Ruger will similarly fix the problem for that rifle.

Most of the competitions I shoot don't allow a rear rest but some do and I'd be stupid not to take advantage of allowed equipment.

I got a cheap quick release picatinny rail riser and used Polymorph (plastic that is malleable at 60 degrees then hardens when it cools) to make a smooth, slightly rounded cover for the rails so I can just attach it as needed. It doesn't look the prettiest but does the job well.

3D printing it sounds good though. Be interested to see the result.

Archived