New 17 Hornet

As far as I can tell you have these to choose from:

Anschütz 1771 D;

Cooper Firearms of Montana (Classic, Custom Classic, Jackson Hunter, Mannlicher, Montana Varminter, Phoenix, Varmint Extreme, Varminter and Western Classic);

CZ 527 (American, Thumbhole and Varmint);

E. A. Brown Model 97D;

Ruger 77/17 (no longer made as far as I can tell); and

Savage Model 25 (Walking Varminter, Walking Camo, Lightweight Varminter and Lightweight Varminter Thumbhole);

That or a customer jobby?

Nothing about a 17 Hornet on the Weihrauch website, although I agree, it wouldn't be difficult for them to do it by adapting their 22Hornet/222REM models

Cheers

Bruce

I had a HW66 Jagd Match - THE BEST FACTORY rifle I have ever owned. Ask Baldie. He made a comment on the quality of this rifle a while ago - Now in 17 Hornet.

NEW - Now available in cal. .17 Hornet.

HW-66-JM-Zfr.-Stainless-Steel-Lauf-schr%

Why did I sell it - .17HMR - ammunition quality !!

I had a HW66 Jagd Match - THE BEST FACTORY rifle I have ever owned. Ask Baldie. He made a comment on the quality of this rifle a while ago - Now in 17 Hornet.

NEW - Now available in cal. .17 Hornet.

HW-66-JM-Zfr.-Stainless-Steel-Lauf-schr%

Why did I sell it - .17HMR - ammunition quality !!

Nice

Can someone provide definitve proof that Weihrauch is now manufacturing a 17Hornet rifle

17 Hornet as NOT in 17HMR or 22 Hornet.

I'd love it to be true and it wouldn't be difficult, but other than very occasional stock changes, the Weihrauch centrefire line up hasn't changed in many years

Cheers

Bruce

Can someone provide definitve proof that Weihrauch is now manufacturing a 17Hornet rifle

17 Hornet as NOT in 17HMR or 22 Hornet.

I'd love it to be true and it wouldn't be difficult, but other than very occasional stock changes, the Weihrauch centrefire line up hasn't changed in many years

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce,

As far as I can tell, yes they are.

From their website.

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/small-bore-repeaters/hw-66-jagd-match?lang=en

Though not in the table, it is stated in the text.

And in this news article back from March this year.

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/small-bore-repeaters2?lang=en

So they will be chambering all their small bore repeaters in 17 Hornet.

Whether they are available yet, who knows?

Neil

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a CZ 527 Varmint for a few months now (since Feb) absolutely faultless and have dropped several fox, and a lot of smaller stuff. Rabbits, crows and a few pigeon.

A quality piece of kit, and I was lucky to get a nice piece of timber on mine too. Set trigger is perfect in my opinion.

Greenfields Guns, Salisbury have two in stock I think.

Weihrauch would have been seriously considered if they were available at the time.

Andyham

I've bought two rifles from Steve now, both have been spot on. He's a good dealer to support.

• 1 month later...

I have an Anschutz 1771 in 17 Hornet on order, should be here early next year, going to replace my HMR as I just want to able to reach a bit further when using my thermal scope without worrying about holdover.

Thought about the Weihrauch but I loved my old Annie HMR so I went with one of them, 5 shot mag not 4 also helped swing it.

Anthony (I was told it was a 1772, but we are splitting hairs !) and I'm awaiting details from Ruag on this ref stock style etc.

Following this progress as my .223 is being sold for a .17H and I'll keep my 6.5CM as it is a beaut. I'm awaiting confirmation on the Weihrauch in a Jagd.Match stocked 17H

The only stock available is the one on the website here:

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=1153&menu=624&sprache=1&produktShow=detail

They do the 223 version in a GRS stock but that is not available in 17H, and trust me I asked the question as that is what I really want.

I am having mine sent straight to Neil McKillop to be put in a GRS stock, the barrel shortened to 20", screwcut (you can't get them threaded either!!!!!!!!) and Cerakoted.

This is not going to be a cheap rifle

Archived