Hardy generation IV moderator modification of thread

Hi all, I've got a Hardy generation IV moderator it's up to 30cal threaded 1/2 unf I'd like to change its thread size to m14x1 for which by my calculations there's enough "meat".

Now, the threaded portion is a long way in and I'm told the mods unstripable, has anyone ever achieved this, or know of a smith who might be prepared to have a go.

Alternatively is this a no goer !!!

I think, from a purely engineering point of view, it would be very difficult to ensure that the threads are aligned with the bore. As its not strippable and given that <copied from their wesite> Our suppressors are a monocore design. The internal is constructed from a solid billet of 7075-T651 aluminium from Germany, CNC machined into an intricate style of deflection plates and gas traps. The threaded section that screws onto your barrel and the muzzle end of the suppressor; are the same piece of material.</> I think it points towards a new moderator. I'm a big fan of the DPT as they are light, strippable and you can buy addittional baffles etc. The thing to look at (should you choose to get one) is the bore diameter which tends to be on the large side of cautious/generous, I have a 20cal for my .224 and a 6mm for my .257.

Hi drivinfish,

As the moderators thread is smaller than the barrels thread any adaptor would make the whole setup longer which I'm trying to avoid.

I can't see that it's impossible, just not easy!

Unless someone's prepared to buy it, I've not got a great deal to loose if it doesn't work.

Archived