UKV among 'best shooting forums to follow'

bkidger

Are you shilling for Gunstar?

Ya, but don't really mind :)

(And we certainly ain't 10th:

Quite surprised to see that our monthly readership is higher than most of those listed, and about equal to the remainder.

With that, for precision rifle, we're the ONLY forum operating at an expert level, and we're the ONLY forum where people interact with mutual respect and intelligence. Still, nice to be mentioned).

As above, I'm not sure if that list is meant to be 'in order' - but having frequented most of them at some point, UKV is the only forum I make an effort to look at daily now. Quality v quantity of content. Hitting the new posts button on the SD after not visiting for a few days = 30 pages of new posts, a large % of which are mostly rubbish fuelled by a number of regular trolls. Mark forums read, move on...

Very strange order of play that!

I've visited a few of those sites and find their approach to things very strange.

Each to their own I suppose? Folks free to visit wherever, but I'm struggling with the rankings and how they were arrived at?

Might be worth asking?

T

Maybe we should challenge the other forums to a fight to see why gets to the top of the ladder

I would suggest a shooting competition, but I tried that one before and it fell on deaf ears

Maybe we should challenge the other forums to a fight to see why gets to the top of the ladder

I would suggest a shooting competition, but I tried that one before and it fell on deaf ears

'Square go' is the term you'd use in my part of the world......

Mark

'Handbags' would be more appropriate looking at one of the 'non shooting related' sections of said sites ;)

T

I'm on 8 of those forums and it's b**l**ks that this one is 10th....

All IMHO of course but on a few of them, I've got over 5k posts so I know those ones very well indeed...

And this one is not 10th.

I used to look in regularly on one or two other forums, but got sick of the mentality and ignorance on one of them, and fed up with the bar flies and regular "expert" trolls on the other, despite the wealth of experience, so don't bother than much with them. Life's too short. UKV is a friendly bunch, with some impressive experience and know-how amongst its members, with little or no BS (at least very infrequent). People rub along in a civilised manner here although there are the odd tensions. Pride and ego afflict everyone at some point (more regularly with some than others.?) but at least on here, I've never witnessed handbags at dawn. There's been the odd cutting remark by those who may have got out of bed the wrong side, but that is largely ignored and people move on. Not so with many other forums.

I'd also agree that UKV ought to rank higher than tenth and just because some forums have many more members and post counts, it's quality that counts, not quantity ;-)

Yes - funny how many of the "my rifle groups .25 moa all day" guys suddenly find themselves too busy when a comp is mentioned !

Life's too short. UKV is a friendly bunch, with some impressive experience and know-how amongst its members, with little or no BS (at least very infrequent). People rub along in a civilised manner here although there are the odd tensions. Pride and ego afflict everyone at some point (more regularly with some than others.?) but at least on here, I've never witnessed handbags at dawn. There's been the odd cutting remark by those who may have got out of bed the wrong side, but that is largely ignored and people move on.

As long as everyone agrees that a Blaser in 7x47 is the "best" rifle we'll all get along just fine!?

I used to look in regularly on one or two other forums, but got sick of the mentality and ignorance on one of them, and fed up with the bar flies and regular "expert" trolls on the other, despite the wealth of experience, so don't bother than much with them. Life's too short. UKV is a friendly bunch, with some impressive experience and know-how amongst its members, with little or no BS (at least very infrequent). People rub along in a civilised manner here although there are the odd tensions. Pride and ego afflict everyone at some point (more regularly with some than others.?) but at least on here, I've never witnessed handbags at dawn. There's been the odd cutting remark by those who may have got out of bed the wrong side, but that is largely ignored and people move on. Not so with many other forums.

I'd also agree that UKV ought to rank higher than tenth and just because some forums have many more members and post counts, it's quality that counts, not quantity ;-)

What he said ....Hugh.

Yes - funny how many of the "my rifle groups .25 moa all day" guys suddenly find themselves too busy when a comp is mentioned !

My rifle does - but I don't anymore :)

how many times do gun star need to phone before they get the message FO I'm not interested. I'm literally getting a call a week now.

how many times do gun star need to phone before they get the message FO I'm not interested. I'm literally getting a call a week now.

Oddly enough, I had the same calls, emails and unsolicited texts

Last time they called, well I think they have the message now

Archived