Which bottom metal?

shrek

Looking at a mag conversion on my remmy 700 to a box mag system...

My question being whats every ones opinion on different makes? Does the old saying ring true that " you get what you pay for" or has anyone got any experience of the 109 quid bottom metal you can get on ebay compared to 180 odd quid for a 3rd eye tactical one.

Any views or advice greatly appreciated

Shrek

Hi Shrek,

Have got two Third Eye bottom metals to take aics mags. Both extremely well made and finished. Suppose the benefit of paying out for a Third Eye or similar compared to getting a knock off from eBay is you know what your getting. Also they come with the correct size pillars and action screws.

Ben

Don't know about knock off, think the e-bay one, if it is the ones I have seen, have been on the market much longer. They are of good quality. You can also order from Atlasworx Australia.

We have fitted many different AICS type bottom metals, never had any issues with any brand. More important than the brand is how they are fitted.

edi

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at a mag conversion on my remmy 700 to a box mag system...

My question being whats every ones opinion on different makes? Does the old saying ring true that " you get what you pay for" or has anyone got any experience of the 109 quid bottom metal you can get on ebay compared to 180 odd quid for a 3rd eye tactical one.

Any views or advice greatly appreciated

Shrek

These folks also make very good DBM. I have them in a Tikka . Excellent quality.

http://www.lumleyarms.com

Archived