RCBS scale tuning.

I had my scales tuned by a genius on here but i understand he's too busy to take on more.

Scott Parker in the US does it and you can find him on Facebook with a bit of painful searching.

The downside to using him is the shipping costs.

I contacted Scott about this and he said it would be too expensive to ship so tried to sell me a set of redding already tuned but I wasn't sure so left it,,

I contacted Allan on here and he did them for me and they run a lot smoother now, he also added an extended pointer and additional under weight to make it more stable, very happy with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you provide contact details for, "Allan on here", please? Thanks. JP.

Hi Johnny - I think you're looking for me. Unfortunately, as Brillo says, I'm unable to take on any scale work at the moment. I'm way behind with other stuff I'm involved with and just about keeping up with the Targetmaster trickler orders.

Have you got a problem with your scales?

Allan

Allan is a great person to deal with. He couldn't tune mine, but gave me advise on tuning my own RCBS scales myself, (as i enjoy such work) and they're even better than before. I also use a micro camera which projects the reading on my laptop much larger. Which makes them even more accurate.

Thanks again Allan.

Chaz.

• 2 months later...

Hi Johnny - I think you're looking for me. Unfortunately, as Brillo says, I'm unable to take on any scale work at the moment. I'm way behind with other stuff I'm involved with and just about keeping up with the Targetmaster trickler orders.

Have you got a problem with your scales?

Allan

Hi Allan I would like to get better accuracy from my RCBS Charge master 1500 scales purchased from the USA

is it possible for you to tell me what to do as I would like to try to do it myself Please

Kind Regards Bob D

Hi Allan I would like to get better accuracy from my RCBS Charge master 1500 scales purchased from the USA

is it possible for you to tell me what to do as I would like to try to do it myself Please

Kind Regards Bob D

Hello Bob,

I understand Alan only works on mechanical beam scales not on electronic chargemaster scales.

There is another thread running which may be of interest though:

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/39512-rcbs-charge-master-accuracy-test-thoughts/?hl=%2Bchargemaster+%2Blite&do=findComment&comment=312305

Kind Regards Bob D

Hi Bob - Unfortunately, as Gandy says, I don't get involved with these new fangled electric scales. There is a fair amount of information about re-programming the RCBS scales and various other tweaks that owner do.

I believe Dave over at "The shooting shed" makes a reducer for the feed tube that helps cut the odd over charge and more information here:

https://www.primalrights.com/library/articles/re-programming-rcbs-chargemaster-combo

http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/speed-up-your-rcbs-chargemaster/

Archived