General Election

John MH

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exit polls look interesting.

Pleased to see the SNP taking a hiding.

Angus Robertson & Alex Salmond losing their seats? No doubt Nicola Sturgeon will be calling for another election shortly, as obviously the good people of Scotland havn't a clue what they're doing

Disasterous campaign by the Tories and a manifesto that had little thought put into it with the assumption that all the UKIP'ers would switch to blue :wacko: Not helped at all by May not showing up when Corbyn outflanked her on the Live debate

Corbyn promised all things to all people and promised to make the nasty big business pay the bill which appealed to the younger voters who are all too young to remember the last time Labour bankrupted the country.To be fair if I was a student and someone basically said they'd save me from paying an average 20 grand I'd have voted for it probably along with my parents ^_^

Having said that there was only a 2% shift to Labour overall which will never be big enough to win a majority despite all the Labourites whooping this morning like they'd just won a landslide

All is not lost and all the Tories need to do is to come up with a serious manifesto basically watering down the austerity theme and financing law and order and social care more.Simply adding a penny to Corporation Tax (rather than the 7p that Labour propose) would cover this and the businesses wouldn't be up in arms as we're still an attractive low tax area

Disasterous campaign by the Tories and a manifesto that had little thought put into it with the assumption that all the UKIP'ers would switch to blue :wacko: Not helped at all by May not showing up when Corbyn outflanked her on the Live debate

Corbyn promised all things to all people and promised to make the nasty big business pay the bill which appealed to the younger voters who are all too young to remember the last time Labour bankrupted the country.To be fair if I was a student and someone basically said they'd save me from paying an average 20 grand I'd have voted for it probably along with my parents ^_^

Having said that there was only a 2% shift to Labour overall which will never be big enough to win a majority despite all the Labourites whooping this morning like they'd just won a landslide

All is not lost and all the Tories need to do is to come up with a serious manifesto basically watering down the austerity theme and financing law and order and social care more.Simply adding a penny to Corporation Tax (rather than the 7p that Labour propose) would cover this and the businesses wouldn't be up in arms as we're still an attractive low tax area

I wish this were true. Alas the Tories have no real bargaining power left in Europe on the one hand, and cannot go hard Brexit on the other as the DUP and Labour will hold them to account (at least the DUP are pro Brexit but they will want concessions for N Ireland in return for support which will add complications to negotiations), so we're in an even bigger and more uncertain mess than we were before the Referendum vote! May's pride and arrogance have cost this country dear. The government will now have to wade through treacle to get anything done. What an unmitigated disaster. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

The sun will still rise in the morning.... :D

That's pretty much my view on it. This election was the only time in my life I've contemplated not voting, I'd liken the experience to being stood in front of a field full of sh it and being asked to pick my favourite turd. A collection of thoroughly dishonest and unrespectable people right across the spectrum.

Whatever, happens, no one will starve, no towns will burn to the ground.....and the sun will, indeed, still rise :)

That's pretty much my view on it. This election was the only time in my life I've contemplated not voting, I'd liken the experience to being stood infront of a field full of sh it and being asked to pick my favourite turd. A collection of thoroughly dishonest and unrespectable people right across the spectrum.

Whatever, happens, no one will starve, no towns will burn to the ground.....and the sun will, indeed, still rise :)

I chose not to vote for pretty much those reasons and am happy with my decision

I'm with Baldie. There is nothing we can do about the result.

: All those remainers who still complain about that result...

: All those in the US who complain about the Trump victory....

Why do they do it.

I'm not going to lose sleeep that the party I voted for shot themselves in the foot with a manifesto that was bound to antagonise even the most staunch Tory and only just got a majority vote. I'm just glad that Corbyn didn't win.

I've got a GBFCA league shoot to prepare for. That's something worth caring about.

Archived