Accuracy International Bipod

PhilM

As pictured on the AT below;

photo-7.png

Anyone had any hands on with them? I don't see many AW/ATs wearing them?

Am I right in thinking the knob underneath is a podlock affair to control the tension on the cant mechanism?

Cheers

Cheers Dave - are they any good though? Compared with say a Harris of which I have lots of time behind, or an Atlas (of which I have none), but seem to get pretty solid reviews and are very popular.....just seemed a bit strange that I haven't seen any pictures of people using them other than the AI press pictures.

PS. Do you carry AT Folder Green stock sides at all?

photo-7.png

Am I right in thinking the knob underneath is a podlock affair to control the tension on the cant mechanism?

Cheers

I have one, and I really like the design. Simple. Easy to use. Light. Low bulk.

It is, however, important to note that the design has a degree of freeplay, or slop, left or right until the cant lock engages, which may put some users off - it's not an F-class bipod.

I rate it way above Harris and, because I am not a fan of all the Atlas ball detents and fiddly, dirt-attracting features, it is, for my tastes, ahead of Atlas too.

photo-7.png

Cheers

I have one of these on my AI AT and I will be changing it for a Phoenix bipod, since I have one on my Ruger PR and the Phoenix​ is excellent.

Archived