NRA Insurance

fudge1187

Hi All

With the real lack of information from the NRA as usual I am still not sure what I get for my years subscription!

I believe i get insurance included - does anyone know if this insurance is suitable for a little bit of hunting on farm land, obviously with permission!

Cant work out if its just for NRA grounds or general shooting insurance if so should I have got a card/insurance letter?

Thank you!

Hi Fudge

it covers you for all fieldsports whater that is i know it coverd me for driven game shooting you should have got an insurance number with your membership.

rgds Paul

https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/nra/

You should get more information direct from the NRA's insurer.

I took this from the leaflet the NRA sent me.

Public liability £10,000,000

Your own equipment £10,000

Legal expense £50,000

Hmmmm am I reading that correctly? If so thats a no then :-(

Its the public liability that counts - it means you are insured against a claim from a 3rd party you injure - either their person or their property. You'll need to check with NRA whether their insurance covers you for public liability from shooting off formal ranges.

Quote from NRA/Endsleigh

Cover applies in respect of all activities which are governed by approved rules and
regulations recognised by the NRA anywhere in the world, providing they take
place in ranges and grounds approved for the activity. These activities include but
are not limited to:
• Target/full bore target shooting
• Field sports (UK only)
• Fundraising/administration/competitions
• Use of minature cannons
• Use of black powder
• Coaching

In my view, it could be questionable re "approval" of land for shooting that is not a range.

I'd suggest get your self proper field sports cover from someone like BASC

Well John, I've read the leaflet provided by Endsleigh, the current NRA insurance provider and still none the wiser.

Does the current NRA insurance cover full members while shooting vermin on private land?

The previous insurers, Bannerman Rendell, actually stated vermin shooting in their 2014 leaflet.

post-11222-0-74775200-1496961216_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

I asked the specific question of Endsleigh regarding vermin control with the NRA insurance and got this back today;

Apologies for the slight delay in coming back. Vermin control on private land can be covered under the NRA insurance, however the following provisos apply -

- You hold a direct membership to the NRA, not a club membership to an affiliated club;

- There cannot be any remuneration in respect to the control work, other than access to the land and facilities thereon;

- Permission must be obtained from any landowner where land is shot on;

- Suitable controls must be taken by yourself or the landowner to limit access to the area while shooting takes place, ideally a risk assessment document should be drafted and retained or discussions on the risk control approach to be taken noted down. A common sense approach to carrying out the shoot should be maintained at all times.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived