Which reticle for 1000 yards?

Elwood

Has to be in the Night force range of reticles for the 8-32x56 NXS

I already have two 5.5-22x56 with the NP-R2 which I like, I was wondering if the the NP-2DD is a good option, it says it is on the NF website, but I would like some real time user experience.

The np2-dd is an excellent ret , right out to 1000 buddy.You can move that little dot, lovely round the bull. Get the 12-42 instead, a bit more mag is always handy, and you wont use it on 8 power. I have the np2-dd in an 8-32 power, and the np-r2 in a 12-42 power. If you dial range, and windage, the np2-dd is a far better, uncluttered picture.

Thanks Dave, looks like I will have to have a re-think regarding the magnification.

Any idea when the Surgeon WSM actions are in, or should I speak to Roger?

The 338 actions held up the order buddy, but surgeon mailed the other night to say, the entire lot will be going to our shipper, this week, so i reckon they should be with us, inside 3 weeks hopefully. If you want one, give roger a buzz, and put your name on one buddy.

Would that be the ful shipment Dave - the old order and new order sent together??

I have not actually had a look through one but I am told that CH3 is a nice long range reticule, all that would be illuminated is the tiny dot, there is a 1 MOA gap between the bottom of the dot and the stadia wires.

A

• 2 weeks later...

Got a 8x32 DD on the 6.5x55 and like Baldie said you can fit loads of those little dots around the bull. :lol: The big dot fit the bull several times over :D . Just go easy on the mag. The bigger the mag the less the MOA on your elevation. B)

Varminter.223

Archived