AI AW mag follower

KatoomDownUnder

F3ck, mine must be speshul, I can fit 11......

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Puny Crunts :P

Because those of us who wash more than once a week need to be hobbled in other ways we end up with rifles sometimes supplied with a different follower. Our SR98s are able to fit 11 but since I'm only a part timer these days it's a bit hard to get hold of "surplus"

So last night I filed part of the follower off to see if it'd be enough to increase the volume......that failed and will probable lead to rounds diving and mis-feeding. I can fix that with a bit of Knead-It epoxy.

The short video at the bottom shows how tight it is to fit 10 rounds in even after the slight mod.

IMG_0968_zps8u8eqhx7.jpg

IMG_0971_zps3ze9icxl.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsy86fbtr5.jpg

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/KatoomDownUnder/Precision%20Shooting%20Stuff/th_IMG_0972_zpszcjbvyx7.mp4

IMG_2185_zpstxo1rycm.jpg

The measurements are taken from the thin point of the follower. The one at the front does NOT include the lump that hangs down normally.

This section is actually thinner at the back, than the front , to allow an angle on the round, upwards.

If you take it down to this dimension, it looks to me to be identical to our followers.

I can only think , that for export to your country [and its laws ? ] you may have a shorter magazine box ?

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived