Diggle Egg Shoot - 29th May Bank Holiday Monday

After a long day driving I am home with a new rifle.

It's a Remington 700. In 223 it will also shoot 556 NATO safely due to longer throat

Fully blueprinted

New trigger

26 inch medium profile 1 in 8 Stainless Archer barrel

Floor plate kit by Dave

Two ten round mags

Colour match picatinney rail Tier one 20 moa

Fully bedded vssf stock

Compact moderator it's an ASE utra jet z

97 lapua match cases

Probulary 500 various heads some of lapua L match heads

Nighforce scope NSX 12-42-56

Fluted bolt.

Unfortunately I don't have any rounds made up for it.

I only have 6 for the .204.

Was so looking forward to the Egg shoot as I wanted to pick the brains of a few guys on loads for the .223

I will start a post with my questions and post some pictures.

Unfortunately I couldn't get down to Diggle for todays Eggshoot but did anyone manage to whack the egg today?

Some of us (but not all) shot at 100 and 300 before it was called off due to the weather. I was disappointment since whilst not hitting the bullsye (at 100) I was hoping for the small group prize: hopefully next year?

sadly despite best efforts and much work by vince and the team god decided to piss on everyones bonfire using fog

Very sorry to hear that men. Yes The Baby Jesus can be very cruel sometimes. If it is not fog, it is either p*ssing it down, too much mirage and you cannot see what your aiming at, too windy, too windy because of the curry the night before, you have brought the wrong ammo, you have forgotten your bolt, you have brought the wrong bolt, everyone hates you, you hate everyone else, your wife/partner has run off with the milkman, your wife/partner has run off with the milkman and the postman and have set up home next door to you and they have taken your dog. So plenty of things to go wrong at Diggle but you just have to laugh, but when it goes right and The Baby Jesus smiles on you it is great even if she has run off with the milkman/postman.

Thanks to all who supported us at Diggle today. What can I say? The weather for the end of May was dreadful and mist shrouding the danger areas prevented us from completing the comp.

We shifted the Egg Shoot from its traditional Easter Monday date several years ago because it snowed one year! But, what more can you do?

There was one highlight for me, the performance from our Young Rascals - all shot really well but one young lady - maybe 10 years old - shot a three-quarter inch group at 300 yds with a 6BR factory Savage off a bi-pod!

Jim and Mary Marsden (Diggle members and UKVers) have kindly offered to run the shoot next year so it will continue. Thanks to all those who also offered to help.

See you next year - the date will be the same - the second May Bank Holiday.

Vince,

On behalf of "Morse", "Dan534" and myself we'd like to extend are thanks to you.

I'm sure we will be back for a number of the comps we spoke later this year.

Despite the weather we all enjoyed the initial phases of the comp.

Kind regards

Rob

Hi Vince, sorry to hear you are hanging your gloves up on these two comp, like everyone has said you have show true dedication and patience to run these comps.

I would muck in and help run these comps if a spare set of hands are needed!

I hope you don't give up shooting altogether, I need someone to rattle my cage when I am in sleep mode and brains aren't working.

I can get hold of a second hand Zimmer frame if you need it !

Cheers Nick

Archived