Don't know why but I've a hankering! !

Not on a T3 but I have exactly this setup on a Tikka 595 rebarreled about 15 years ago by Norman Clark. No reason not to providing the stock will take it.

There is no real benefit to having a washer style lug in place of the factory ferrule and alloy recoil lug.

The alloy lug can be easily bedded into a stock or a new lug machined and bedded (either method provides a better fix than a loose fitting one)

A washer type lug means a longer barrel tenon, two more faces fitting the action / barrel shoulder and as the Tikka barrel tenon is smaller diameter, it would also require a custom lug to be machined (unless one is available that im not aware of)

Ive built custom lug fitmenst for a heap of Tikka and Sako's bedding them into the stock permanently, without exception all rifles have shot better for it.

+1 on Andy,s comments.

I,ve just painted a sako 85 which had a lug conversion fitted, and it was as ugly as a pitbull with lipstick on.

PTG actually make a specific lug now, but I won't be bothering.

The best conversion is an aftermarket steel tikka lug, firmly bedded into the stock....it can't go anywhere.

Archived