Out for a play with ppc again

varminter

Went out for a spot of varminting with the 6PPC running 58 V-Maxs , First vermint was a black bunnie at 210yds and then as the sun went in this bunnie decided to sit on a peice of granite rock 309yds away . He must of thought "this is a nice place to keep warm" Well it was about to get hotter with that 58 v-max on its way!!!!

All the best guys.....................

RAY........................................ :D :DDSCF1161.jpg

not many black bunneys about

One less now!!! On this chunk of land and area there seems to be quite a few - hence why i took the shot!!

All the best...............

RAY.......................

There's one less now :lol:

We had a few on our shoot the farmer like them and wanted them left. Sadly we had an outbreak of that viral haemoragic disease and it wiped them all out :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Like your farmer 6mmBR most of mine like them about so I don't bother to shoot them, and I won't let anyone I take out shoot them either. I was out with Millpool last week and we stood in a corner of a field watching a pair of them frolicking about for about 10 minutes or so, and these were just a few yards from us. I had the video with me so I shot them on film. :lol: I have also got a few gray and white ones which I shall leave as well.

The most beautifull rabbit I have ever shot many years ago was a whitey/ginger one, I could only see his eye and a tiny bit of skull otherwise I would have left him. I also do not shoot any black or sometimes plain white ones I come accross.

Ironically another member here shot another quite lightly coloured one no more than 50 yards from that spot last summer.

A

Guest varmartin

good shooting Ray, we will have to get together for a bash soon mate.

Went out with Jamie on sunday and thinned out a few.This time we went for a walk about and shot a few off hand like we always used to with the air rifles. I had my sako .223 and J had his 17HMR he shot a few up to about 100 yards and my best offhand was near 140 yards . :lol: , A lot of fun....

Martin

Hi

Good shooting.I have a few black rabbits on a estate I shoot on.One of the local farms also had a few mulit colour rabbits turn up lately.I am sure somebody has released a pet rabbit they did not want and it is breeding with the wild rabbits.

Dogfox

Thanks for replies guys :lol: :lol: Yep could be the very same thing here , tame ones thats been released and bread with the wild ones!!!

All the best.............

RAY.................... :lol:;)

Nice shooting again Varminter , We used to get rabbits with the dogs and lamp in an area not to far from here , and there was quite a large population of sandy coloured rabbits , and the ocasional black one , this area was a good place to bag up to seventy or even more with two dogs , but this was over ten year ago , there was also a couple of fields just outside Keswick where ther were alsorts of different coloured rabbits but again this was a few year ago now dont know what ever hapend to them as they are no longer there now

Thanks again guys ;):D

All the best..............

RAY........................

Well the weather cleared up late this afternoon in cornwall but still windy so after the weekend away on holiday i thought i would go out with 6ppc but this time running 60 grain BERGER MEFs.

Well phoned the farm to let them know i was on the way and to my great delight the farmer told me he has cut the fields for silage :D :D .

So as i arrived i started with a 236yds bunnie then missed a couple due to my wrong reading of winds , Had a short range pigeon , also this magpie.....................DSCF1258.jpg

Then finnished of the evening with a 329yd bunnie................DSCF1262.jpg

Found with the BERGERs that out to the 200yd mark they are pretty explosive but past 300yds the terminal performance not so good as with the 58 v-maxs!!!!

All the best.......................

RAY........................... :D :D

Forgot to say guys , i used my digital camera to video the pigeon so try this link..........th_DSCF1257.jpg

All the best..................

RAY.......................... :D :D

you have just got to love that pigeon action, not quite as explosive as TTs but none the less entertaining.

i might have to learn how to shoot, so i can give that a go my self :D:D

Colin :D

Thanks guys ;) ;) The filming not so clear as a video camera but still good fun!!!

Glad you could watch it too :D :D

All the best.................

RAY.................... :D :D

Nice little video there Ray. Pigeons explode the best :D

Dave

Thanks dave :D I was using my digital photo camera - so not too bad!!!

All the very best............

RAY........................... :D :D

Hey dave , my good friend foxshot56 has some great video footage of himself and frends varminting , he has a cracker with red mist when i connected on a 333yds bunnie with 6.5-284 :D;):D

All the best...............

RAY....................... :D :D

Archived