Drone Pro 10 X

Mark Jones

Was looking at buying one of these for an up and coming job but am unable to get a due in date from supplier, not sure if they are pushing the 15X or not but the 10 mag would suit me best

can anyone recommend a suitable alternative for the money?

Regards Mark

+1

It's far and away the best digital Night vision Scope - just be patient and don't rush in and buy anything else.

Night Vision gear are doing their annual stocktaking over the next few days so won't be responding to enquiries until around 5th April.

Cheers

Bruce

*I've never looked through a drone

I really wanted a drone but couldn't justify it, however I decided to buy a photon and modify it with a doubler and the lens cap mod. With an extra IR torch it's really quite good to 300yds, I can see animals further than I would see with a lamp, and identify easily at 250. For the money, I think it's amazing!

I'd be tempted to buy and mod a photon - it can always go on the rim fire when you buy a drone at a later date

*I've never looked through a drone

I really wanted a drone but couldn't justify it, however I decided to buy a photon and modify it with a doubler and the lens cap mod. With an extra IR torch it's really quite good to 300yds, I can see animals further than I would see with a lamp, and identify easily at 250. For the money, I think it's amazing!

I'd be tempted to buy and mod a photon - it can always go on the rim fire when you buy a drone at a later date

good idea but got a pulsar with doubler on the rimfire, works well but not rugged enough

Agree with what's been said about hanging on until they become available. I've got a Drone X15 on my .223 and I use a Photon 6.5 x 50 on my air rifle and occasionally on my HMR and there's a considerable difference in image quality between the two. The Photon is quite harsh in setting contrast, almost binary black/white, where as the Drone is much easier on the eye, it can also be quite lethargic getting the correct exposure. The you have to add on things like doublers, whether they then invalidate warranties, the actual hassle of fitting one to the newer Photons etc. Of course the price points are significantly different but if you have the funds set-aside for a Drone then it's worth hanging on until one comes available.

Any particular reason why you don't want the X15?

Archived