Accuracy International Arctic Warfare

bradders

I collected this today for a customer

AI have just completed a one off run of 10 AW rifles in 7.62, and this was ordered for a very good customer...and friend of Bradley Arms.

So today I called in to Sporting Services to pick it up.

We specced it and Dave said, green please, and fill all the holes in the foam, so 4 extra mags, a sling, cleaning rod, bore guide and chamber brush, all in a Storm case.

Now with added AI S&B 3-20x50 scope

Here it is in all its glory

A8293AD4-573A-40B4-A97B-17F39511674D_zps
273D0E79-EE0B-4BA4-884F-FCAF497B6DA2_zps
C395D925-FDD7-49BE-B2BF-DC24E093685B_zps
3FFA401E-8E99-48DD-B1D4-8E6CC69ADFF7_zps
20B3BB58-6624-45EA-92A3-FB55B0B279BA_zps
DA39BBB8-1019-4418-B6ED-FC47F27870EA_zps
0D519FF8-0E7A-458F-9DBA-624BDE1B101A_zps
48D0AAB1-6F5D-4D96-99A1-633D663ABFF5_zps
EB64EAE6-1F94-4399-A09E-189A9C6B3E81_zps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting to see the old style stock sides.

When I wanted old style non-folders a couple of years back I was told that all dealer/factory stock had run out and they couldn't make any more new as the moulds were knackered...looks like the folding have now gone the same way as this latest SS batch have all got the new style....bad news if you're after the "classic" AW look

AW_zps1fmwqpwb.jpg

I tried out the new pattern stock sides but they don't do it for me...especially in the limp shade of green they've used - switched straight back to the OD originals

AW_zpsbogsjymz.jpg

A classic !

Bradders - please tell your customer he is welcome to try a Phoenix Bipod for size - with no obligation - it fits straight on the existing AI Versapod spigot. If no spigot, I have AI spigots. If he likes it he can have it - if not, send it back !

Sold a few of my short 6.5-8" to AW owners and it looks great on them.

Ps - please excuse the slight hijack.

I think you're misinterpreting my sentence and assume I am telling you to move on, which I am not

I am suggesting that other things move on, just like the stock sides, and now the proof mark

7.62 is not a CiP recognised chamber IIRC, but is SAAMI spec, and the Proof Houses now comply/conform to the CiP

Furthermore, the rifles are aimed at the civilian market and more people have .308 on their licenses than 7.62

Plus, who's to know what reamer the chamber was cut with, so, as the late Warren Oates once said.... Lighten up Francis

+1

I've never had, or seen, a UK market AI factory barrel with anything other than a 7.62x51 proof mark.

The change is probably because there is little or no interest in 7.62 x 51 in U.K. military applications or bolt action rifles. The US market however is very strong. The Police market has shrunk to a much smaller base as the rifles tend to go on for ever. Police spec ammunition is all 308 commercial. The days of Green spot are well gone!

I think you're misinterpreting my sentence and assume I am telling you to move on, which I am not

I am suggesting that other things move on, just like the stock sides, and now the proof mark

7.62 is not a CiP recognised chamber IIRC, but is SAAMI spec, and the Proof Houses now comply/conform to the CiP

Furthermore, the rifles are aimed at the civilian market and more people have .308 on their licenses than 7.62

Plus, who's to know what reamer the chamber was cut with, so, as the late Warren Oates once said.... Lighten up Francis

Fair enough...that's good info. I've found it odd in the past that the factory marketing/brochures/model names etc typically referred to "308" (eg "AT308", "AX308" and AW in 308 in many of the earlier AW Brochures) but the manuals and barrel proof marks showed the 7.62x51...makes sense to standardise on 308 all round.

I remember when I had TX1200 chambered in 7.62 I was always conscious of the lower chamber pressure comparing it to .308 pressure when reloading the ammo. There was many a time when I wished I could have been more experimental with bullets and powder in my 7.62 but was always aware of those differences. Overly cautious? Perhaps, but there is more options available with a .308 in relation to chamber pressure, so it seems.

Glad to see the back of that 7.62 - not a 'stamp' I like to see any more

I7.62 is not a CiP recognised chamber IIRC, but is SAAMI spec, and the Proof Houses now comply/conform to the CiP

7.62x51 is covered by the NATO AC/225 EPVAT proof standard. And the proof houses still deliver this for the military.

How much does the AW retail for new, I can't find a price on the website?

They delisted the AW as a standard model in the price lists several years back - so the last couple of specially commissioned batches via SS were POA

Archived