.223 lever release

lapua

Anyone using one of these? What sort of accuracy can yiu grt with tuned ammo? Thinking one might be quite useful for vermin shooting with night vision. I see SGC make them, does anyone else? Valkyrie/bradley etc...

Cheers

Laupa.

I have one and find it very accurate using GGG 'match' ammo (69 grain). You have to be a bit careful with home loads, especially when new, as the rifle is pressure sensitive and requires quite a hot load in order to work the gas system, however once run in I have found the operation faultless with my own home loads using 77 SMK's and CFE.

The experience of shooting the rifle is a lot different from a 'standard' straight pull as you have the bolt carrier slamming back on every shot fired but you soon get used to it. It's a great rifle and a keeper, fortunately I didn't buy new and would find it hard to justify the current asking price however if your flush with cash then go for it, you wont be disappointed.

In addition I would say and the SGC lever release design beats all the competitors currently on the market in terms of it's ergonomics and function. Hope this helps.

Does anyone else make one apart from SGC, can bradders do one?

No chance I'm afraid

I did look into possibly making one a few years ago, but we never went any further than that.

It's too costly for someone like me to gear up for these, Inc dedicated receivers and other proprietary parts etc.

As Cad Monkey said, they may be ammo sensitive, but is is also worth bearing in mind that the std modified GI issue type trigger is. Not easily changed

Archived