Hawk tac 30 problems

rimmie

Hi all, I have a hawk tac 30 6.5-20x42. I'm having real problems with it running out of Elevation, I can't get it to even 100 yards. I put a target at 30 yards just to get it on paper just to start somewhere, I got it sport on at 30, wound it up 2 MOA to to start at 100 yards. Then it locked up. I have wound the turret 3 times to get it roughly in neutral position. It still only gives me a a few Moa till it's maxed ? Any thoughts or similar problems for others ? I should say it has gone back to hawk today.

Hi all, I have a hawk tac 30 6.5-20x42. I'm having real problems with it running out of Elevation, I can't get it to even 100 yards. I put a target at 30 yards just to get it on paper just to start somewhere, I got it sport on at 30, wound it up 2 MOA to to start at 100 yards. Then it locked up. I have wound the turret 3 times to get it roughly in neutral position. It still only gives me a a few Moa till it's maxed ? Any thoughts or similar problems for others ? I should say it has gone back to hawk today.

I'm no expert rimmie. But was the gun bought new? If so the turrets should be centralised. As in equal amounts of moa in both directions.

If not you need to do this and start again.

Although i fear that will not change your issue...

Did the mounts come with the scope? Sometimes they have some type of tape stuck to the top and bottom halves of the scope ring, which can send things all out of sink.

I don't know enough about the subject to comment any further to be honest.

I'm sure some of the top people on here will come along and help out soon...

Cheers

Chaz

Archived