UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
brown dog

Old Style Rolex Ads

Afraid to say that it was Live and Let Die that got me, a very hard earned £298 for a non date submariner sold without bracelet to go on a G10 watch strap. Eventually got a bracelet and the sale of the watch paid for the deposit on my first house. The watch was very good but I never could make the magnetic function work and as such was at the mercy of various ne'er do wells with sharks and spearguns for some time.

post-10626-0-45395700-1489223086_thumb.jpg

Afraid to say that it was Live and Let Die that got me, a very hard earned £298 for a non date submariner sold without bracelet to go on a G10 watch strap. Eventually got a bracelet and the sale of the watch paid for the deposit on my first house. The watch was very good but I never could make the magnetic function work and as such was at the mercy of various ne'er do wells with sharks and spearguns for some time.

:lol::lol:

I once saw a Rolex 5513 in a shop which had its indices painted red to look like the 'Live and Let Die' Rolex. I thought that it looked ghastly, but no doubt it made its owner happy.

I haven't had a Rolex in years.

It's funny but looking at that ad featuring Everest, climbing that thing without oxygen just for the challenge is beyond stupid!