Hut

ChrisF

Hi Guys ,

I have a small hut being built , its mainly to be used as a shooting/firing point , out on a friends farm , its going to have a pot belly stove in it for heating & cooking when needed .

It will look down a valley , on our side I have access to putting targets out to 860m quite easily , on the other side access is a bit harder as it belongs to another farmer , if I get his OK , then I can get out to 1600m .

Happy with 0-860m on our side of the valley , as this is pretty respectable distance , and the farm is only 20 mins drive from my home town , will post pics IF I ever can get back into photobucket .

If anyone has any ideas of things I should put or use in the hut , fire away .

Cheers Chris

Yeap ,

Had thought of reloading bench/spot , my intention is to NOT store anything expensive in the Hut , even thou that means more stuff in car etc .

Have thought of 2 small fold down bunks for my 2 little monkeys ( 5 & 7 yrs old ) , will have a water line run to the outside corner with a tap on it , and the farmers going to get a BBQ for it & stock the hut with wood .

I have thought of a rifle rack & maybe a chain & padlock as well , mainly to secure rifles completely when we are asleep in the hut ( also keeps naughty monkeys safe ) .

And target supplies and gear , paper/hammer etc , will leave a cheap gas ring in hut , but NOT the gas bottle ?

Looking forward to getting it sorted before winter sets in .

Hut has cost me $200 & the cast iron NZ pot belly stove $300 , so its only cost me $500 so far , I think its going to be the best $500 I have ever spent .

Cheers Chris

Shelfs or racks for staking stuff. Blow up matresses , gaffer tape , stove / bbq "" ventilation -carbon monoxide "" , throw away ones are ok to use i do quite allot . Sleeping bag . Gongs . + tea bags , home made soup , water, milk . Sausage, burger , baps brown sauce . Bacon for possible brekky , beans more sausage . Warm clothes . Bog roll or but wipes lol ? A good portable DAB radio ! Absolute for me . Bins, spotting scope . Jees this is probably only half of it ...........Razzle etc

• 1 month later...

Hut gets put onto its final site today , so thats cool , & last week I fired up the potbelly stove in the backyard to test it , seems quite good so far , and will not worry about surface rust its minor in the big picture , and adds to the rustic look .

Really looking forward to getting the stove/flu installed into the hut , and firing her up , it will be awesome .

Cheers Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Yeap ,

It already has a small , 5 led light thats attached to a small solar panel , should last 6 hrs .

And good idea of the 1st aid kit , & may get one ? , I have one always in the car , & as i drive onto the farm , its always close .

Cheers

Just dropped off the potbelly at the hut , it looks the business , now just have to cut a hole in the roof for the flu , be cool to fire her up for a cupa or some Bacon & eggs , MMmmmmm

Make sure you get a decent quality CO detector ...essential.

Might I suggest hammocks for the kids. Even those cheap net ones would probably do. Easy to store and fun for the kids.

Archived