90 grain TMK's opinions

Sherlock

Think your meaning the 95 TMK,,,,,,,Got some in the cuphoard ready to use this summer , no load worked yet but will start powder weight[vit140] similar when using 90gn and 95gn Bergers.If your friend is going to specifically use the 95 TMK,s I,m sure his smith will be aware that this bullet will sit well forward in the neck if throated[104fb} for say the popular 105/7 grainers.I will attach a pic of a touching lands situation with a 60 thou freebore and you will see what I mean. My experience with the 60 thou freebore will accommodate the 105,s as well,,,Just!!,,,without getting too near the dreaded donut area ,,,not that this cant be sorted of course.....O

post-41-0-56778300-1488811142_thumb.jpg

Similar to one hole , iv done a seating test and that's it really . My br for you attention is a 104 fb and I did get to the lands but personally if I were to use this bullet alone I'd probably have a 80 or 90 fb.mybworry would be that if you had the long throat and sat them out to touch , the risk is when mag feeding it may throw the bullet out of concentricity a little. But if single action or single feed as I do it probably won't be a problem. I did put the 2399s in the LnL concentricity gauge and they were straight. Are you able to get any ? They were hard to find I thought. Atb

When I read 90 TMK I thought YES 22/47 with 90s lol _damn it !

a 95tmk by a 105Amax by a 55sierraBK , the last round Touching was 2399 base to tip , lights reflecting off it .

post-11882-0-14453900-1488830119_thumb.jpg

post-11882-0-04831000-1488830132_thumb.jpg

post-11882-0-80268300-1488830154_thumb.jpg

Good to see the freebores pretty much comply and how they go to work.Agree with Gunners remarks on possible mag feed needs as well,,,,which will probably get you looking for a shorter freebore.........I,m hoping for good things from the 95TMK,,,,Hornady have been a pain as far as holding dimensions,,,,,,combined with similar BC and potential for higher velocity,,,,I,m excited,,,,,,O

Ditto that O on the hornady front such a shame . Im hoping when i next test these tmk ill try them touching and see what happens , ill post target result pics for anyone who's interested , just hope for some nice 'weekend ' weather as sods law its rubbish sat sun then at work its almost perfect . Atb

Well i think its the nail in the coffin for the TMKs and my barrel , id been out today to try and better the better groups for accuracy from two previous seating depth tests . Think i may look at the 107 smk as a replacement for 105 Amax . Hopefully you guys will have better results . I had high hopes but not every bullet likes every barrel i suppose . I have a long throat anyway so not all bad . Onwards & upwards lol. Atb

Ignore bottom right group , testing 55s-b-kingz .

Ps just been on a few bullet websites, sierra now do a 110 grain smk bc of over .600 but requires a 7 twist ! And hornady now do a 108 eld ! Could be worth a look .

post-11882-0-75068200-1489344905_thumb.jpg

post-11882-0-16694000-1489344964_thumb.jpg

Mmmmm,Gunner,,, well if your sure you've exhausted the loads and that's the very best then yeah the BR will do better,,,,shame,,,,,I,m gonna wait for perfect conditions,,,may be a while ,,,will post up if I remember....Still have a good stash of decent 105,s if it don,t work out,,,,,atb,,,O

Archived