What Rings?

Malinois

Cheers, I know the company. My friend has one of their mods. I like the look of that mount and the reputation is great. I also like the built in bubble. If I am looking at taking the rifle out to 600m+ what MOA height ring would you get?

Ian

I'd go for Opti-Lock mounts. Bases and rings can be sold separately. They come with anti crimp plastic inserts, which do not alter accuracy at all. Not cheap, but quality never is..... Although I've heard great comments about Tier-One as well....

Chaz

I've a preference for Opti-locks myself.

Great design, never had any crimping. You can get them with Weaver/Picatinny bases too.

Not cheap As stated above. But worth the money in my opinion.

ATB,

Joe

Burris Signatures have the same liners as the OptiLocks and won't mark the tube.

They're -way- cheaper than the Sako/Tikka Optilocks and should go straight on the rail.

Cheers, I know the company. My friend has one of their mods. I like the look of that mount and the reputation is great. I also like the built in bubble. If I am looking at taking the rifle out to 600m+ what MOA height ring would you get?

Ian

I don't know exactly how much scope elevation you have left in total after 100 yard zero but 20 moa of rail inclination is a typical setup whilst still pretty much assuring that you can retain a 100 yard zero.

Work out how much mechanical travel you have 'down' from your 100 yard zero and you may even be able to go for a 30 moa rail.

Virtually any scope will -easily- get you out of 600m when you start with a 20 min rail.

In fact, more like 1000 in most cases unless you're shooting something like a .44-40..

Hi,

I am looking at buying a Tikka T3 Super Varmint that has a picatinny rail as standard. What rings would people recommend to mount my Vortex Viper 6-24x50 scope?

Thanks

Ian

I recently bought a tikka t3x ctr which has the same rail as the supervarmint.

I bought the burris xtr signature rings. These have plastic inserts that you can use to give you 5 to 40 moa. They work great and look good as well

I use Sportsmatch on both my Tikka super varmints.

I have swapped scopes a few times, they have never left a ring mark.

I'm amazed they are never recommended.

Iv recommend them a few times on this site , on me br they have contributed to small vermin over 700 yards so there well understated . The tiers are good but IF your going to get the unimount built in moa etc , on a moderated varmint rifle and heavy NXS scopefor example , they add a bit of weight . So much i changed my unimount for separate tier rings .

post-11882-0-73623200-1488652370_thumb.jpg

post-11882-0-43274500-1488652416_thumb.jpg

Cheers. I am going to get seperates Tier rings. It's just a 223 so I don't think I need to go heavy tactical. Probably going to get the Tier Moderator at the same time as I'm not too far to collect from the factory.

Ian

Tier One are a good choice I have them on my 6.5x47. Great build quality and you get the correct socket for them in the set which I think is a nice touch. It was either them or Spuhr but the price difference put me off.

I had the OptiLoc rings on my Sako M75 for 10 years and they worked really well but as I want to push the rifle a little further I swapped them out for a 20MOA rail (Roedale Precision) Some people talk about the Optiloc being difficult to align but I must have been fortunate in that respect. You won't go wrong with the TeirOne rings and they look good as well. Good Shooting.

Archived