DPT vs Wildcat EVO moderator

Has anyone had experience of both these mods, are they on a par for a mid range centre fire or does one stand out ?? DPT getting very popular but is it better than the EVO ??

Cheers Paul

EVO is a no-brainer for £200. First heard one on .223 next to a Hardy also on a .223. Pretty much identical (to my lugs) in noise reduction. The Evo impressed me enough to purchase and use now on .223 & .243 by changing diffuser, bridge & rear bush. Although in my case, because I use it on alternative calibres, this is at extra cost for extra calibre specific diffuser. Personally I've had no problems with burning or pitting. I do however strip and clean after every session.

If using on just one calibre seriously consider the EVO - a steal

Can't comment on DPT

ATB

I've just told my gunsmith mate to get in a DPT with an extra baffle for use on the 6BR he's just finishing and it'll do dual use on my HB .223 varminter as well.

DPT are now most highly favoured in the NZ market with Hardy taking the hit. Hardy has had some quality issues which have featured on the NZ hunting forums.

Has anyone had experience of both these mods, are they on a par for a mid range centre fire or does one stand out ?? DPT getting very popular but is it better than the EVO ??

Cheers Paul

I have a dpt overbarrel mod and my mate has the wildcat evo. We both have the same rifle, a tikka t3x ctr in 308.

I would say sound reduction is the same with both mods but I prefer the dpt as it's shorter and lighter.

Archived