6.5x47 lapua

leck

Hi , I've aquired a 6.5x47 L with a 20" 1 in 9 barrel currently running 130g Sierra gk with n140 and would like to develop a lighter load for roe / fox, would the nossler 100g BT be a good bet with varget, or swiss, any recommendations or should I forget this and stick to 130g for all. Also any suggestions on a starting and maximum load would be for the 100g and ideal velosity would be greatly appreciated. I'm relatively new to reloading but enjoying every minute learning.

Thanks in advance for any help Paul.

Hi never run any lighter than 120g bt in my 47. My rifle likes slower powder as in H4350 & N150 all I use. I have tried varget as I have it for my 22.250 but just could get my 47 do do better than .7 groups compared to .3 quite easy with slower powder. With 100g Berger Manuel lists N140 & varget for you to try N140 start 35.5g max 39.7g & varget start 36.5g max 40.5g this Manuel can be lower than I can get with my 47 but try this & work your way up

Hi v-max,

Thanks for you're help it is appreciated, the more I dig in to this 100g load the more I think leave alone, I will try some 120g BT or pro huters, and 129g nossler long range if I can get hold of them. I just want to develop a second load for this rifle as the 130 sierras was developed by the previous owner and I need an excuse to play with this rifle.

Cheers Paul

Just about to start Developing with RS60 for 130 and 140gn Sierras RS52 would also work as its the equiv of the RL15 ive been using

haven't used any lighter Bullets Oh and ive got a 16.5" barrel

Archived