pulsar thermal

Rangefinder

XQ38 - less magnification, less detection range, more field of view, lower price tag

XQ50 - more magnification, more detection range, less field of view, bigger price tag

Both units are identical apart from the focal length of the objective lens (38mm V 50mm)

Cheers

Bruce

The new Helion won't give any better performance (the thermal core and lens focal lengths are unchanged from the XQ series), but it will have a colour display, better battery pack and wi-fi streaming to a smartphone or tablet.

I believe the lenses will be interchangeable.

Cheers

Bruce

Having owned both, I found the XQ50 field of view was too tight, when scanning or vehicle mounted. The XQ38 is a good compromise between field of view and magnification, plus its cheaper, it would be the one I'd choose regardless of cost.

I was going to say the same - I have an XQ50 and find the fov a bit tight for my use, a 38 would be a good compromise; I also have a Ward WT37 and that makes quick scanning/spotting a lot easier personally for my usage, The downside of the WT37 is, being its basically indestructible - its weight i.e. a load more compared to the Pulsar.

Archived