niggeloh slings

Hi,

has does anyone use one of the niggleoh titan I I backpack slings?

They look ideal for carrying weight, but how do they fair in the real world for user ability? And how quick are they to take off if you need a quick shot?

Or cany anyone recommend something similar but better?

Thanks

RHH,

Not heard of these before but they certainly look the part re. A stalking rifle?

The only sling like this I have experiance of is the TAB biathlon which is very good, incorporates a 'cuff' rifle sling in one side but is built to take heavy rifles so might be a bit too much for a stalking rifle?

T

As Scotch has said to get the best from one you ideally want flush cups, so you can side mount to your rifle, it is an excellent sling and I much prefer to the TAB one, as I used to find the release buckles used to dig in on the Tab. I think you can get the titan for around the £60 mark, very well made.

I use a niggeloch back pack sling on a sauer 202 when Hill stalking. However I don't use it as fully intended. I carry the rifle muzzle down lying along my righthand side and tend to hold the forend as I walk. With one strap adjusted longer than the other the rifle sits very comfortably and allows use of both hands for binos etc. Getting it off is easy, just release the clip on your chest and the other strap slides off your shoulder without interfering with any binos straps.

I bought a second sling at the shooting show for my son to try on his Rifle which has the beserk stock with side studs so the comparison will be interesting.

RHH,

Not heard of these before but they certainly look the part re. A stalking rifle?

The only sling like this I have experiance of is the TAB biathlon which is very good, incorporates a 'cuff' rifle sling in one side but is built to take heavy rifles so might be a bit too much for a stalking rifle?

T

forgot to say,,,,,

Its intended use is for a heavy varminting rifle, with the idea of 2 straps carrying the load a lot better than on one,

also the swivel is mounted on the side of the butt and bottom of the forend, (grs stock).

They look the part but just wanted to know how fast they were to remove the rifle ready to shoot,

thsnks for the replies so far

Great for moving with on rough ground or for extended hikes but if I'm stalking close cover regardless of sling I'd be carrying my rifle at the ready , you can always chuck it over one shoulder like a normal sling as well ?

Good tip to get flush cups , it's what I use

Archived