Fastest short action fox snotter

lapua

That would work, i have a spent case somewhere i was given by a client i guided, very good on roebucks so i am told. Very thick neck and brass is hard to come by.

Brass is available from Germany I understand. Thick neck as the chamber is designed so that you can make .22lr and .22WMR work easily for practice

Scrummy

That would work, i have a spent case somewhere i was given by a client i guided, very good on roebucks so i am told. Very thick neck and brass is hard to come by.

Brass is available from Germany I understand. Thick neck as the chamber is designed so that you can make .22lr and .22WMR work easily for practice

Scrummy

Yes I have a 6mm WSM which clocks on a little . I intended to do a 22 WSM ( Like a dustbin with a bullet on top ) using the 55g but realised that there was a 6mm 55g which has a slightly higher BC ( not that it's too important at fox distances ) so 6mm seemed to make more sense having a bigger base to handle the velocity .

Mine runs at 4,530 ft/sec ish ( 67g of powder :o ) with the 55g Nosler compared to my Swift which runs at 4,030 ft/sec with a 53g vmax so at 300 yards the Swift is dropping 5 inches compared to the WSM's 2.75 inches .

Be warned , The candle that burns twice as bright burns for half as long as often quoted by MN :D

OSOK

Yes I have a 6mm WSM which clocks on a little . I intended to do a 22 WSM ( Like a dustbin with a bullet on top ) using the 55g but realised that there was a 6mm 55g which has a slightly higher BC ( not that it's too important at fox distances ) so 6mm seemed to make more sense having a bigger base to handle the velocity .

Mine runs at 4,530 ft/sec ish ( 67g of powder :o ) with the 55g Nosler compared to my Swift which runs at 4,030 ft/sec with a 53g vmax so at 300 yards the Swift is dropping 5 inches compared to the WSM's 2.75 inches .

Be warned , The candle that burns twice as bright burns for half as long as often quoted by MN :D

OSOK

What barrel lengths are those rifles please

Would also be very interested in hearing a little of your 22x47 . I want all the 47s and this is the next one on the list. Any data would be great regarding velocity ect.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived