DRONE PRO

paratrooper

Used mind 6 nights a week for 2 years swapping it daily with a zeiss scope. Shot hundreds and never any zero issues back to zero within 1/2 inch

Me too..... currently on my Blaser .243 with regular swaps from the day 'scope on dark and the rifle is stored in the cabinet without either. Never had a problem....... same with my other rifles with day 'scopes and Photon Xtremes. All my day 'scopes are now Zeiss 6-24's. Apart from the Blaser Saddlemount everything-else is in Recknagel QR mounts.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

I had nothing but bother with mine mounted on a t3 in .22/250 so bought a mount off Mckillop which sorted the problem about 2years ago.

Think I'd overtightened the q/d latches and stretched something and upon recoil the zero would shift by about 4" each time which resulted in missed foxes and a serious amount of foul language and the rifle left unused for foxing for a few nights until the problem was found and sorted.

As for an illuminator see ludicrous lumes for a t67 with as ir led, cheap and superb performance.

Buy a t38 and a Yukon doubler to make the sunranger

I've got a T20 that I made into a sunranger a couple of years ago to be honest it doesn't give much of a beam or light intensity, that said its an old illuminator which will have an old pill and driver is there anything I can buy to improve its performance? would one of Clive Wards Black Sun pills improve it or is there something else?

Cheers Andy

would one of Clive Wards Black Sun pills improve it or is there something else?

Cheers Andy

Deffo. :)

If you're buying from new......

"TR38 model is the one for sunranger build or so I believe"

Yep, the easiest of the T20/T38/TR38 versions to do........ just unscrew the bezel to remove the original lens and screw on the Ranger lens. Mine got better (i.e. tighter, and therefore, brighter focus) when I cut/ground/turned the knurled bit of the brass bezel back to the torch body as the moving rear lense of the Ranger used to switch the modes when it contacted the face of the pill. This might not be the case with a single mode LED as opposed to a 3 mode.

TR38 from Skany, Ranger lens from Microglobe.

Cheers

Fizz

Archived