Remington 700PSS .223 Question

pengo

Hi there,

Just picked up a nice secondhand Remington 700PSS in .223, but the trigger pull feels really heavy, so I was wondering if it is possible to adjust / lighten this?

Also, I would be grateful if someone could let me know what the torque settings of the stock bolts should be, please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Paul

Paul - best to go for a Riflebasix or similar - they do one set at 5 oz and it's a great trigger for not much over £100

There are others - as you are no doubt about to find out...........................

Thanks Vince.

I just wanted to try to adjust it first, if it is possible, I will no doubt be looking at a new trigger in the very near future.

Have you any idea about the torque settings on the stock, at all?

I can't seem to find it on the Remington website and I haven't got a user manual.

Cheers

Paul

HS Precision say 65 inch pounds Paul.

Atb

David

Ps. I've got the dates for the 1000yd benchrest comps at Gelston for this year if you're still interested in coming up for a go.

Thanks David.

It's all tightened up properly now, ready for load developing... :unsure:

If you want to pm me the dates for your 1000yd comp, I wouldn't mind making the trip up to see you and try to get my smallest group revenge!!! :P

I'm sure I can gain enough brownie points from my good lady to get me a pass....

Cheers

Paul

Archived