Pulled bullet tips

dorg

I have several hundred lightly pulled 180gn berger vlds , I was wondering if I repointed these how good would they be for practicing and what other people do with their pulled tips, they cost too much just to chuck out.

Simon, I use these http://www.brownells.com/reloading/case-preparation/bullet-pullers/plier-style-bullet-pullers-prod34463.aspx

I run very light neck tension on the competition rifles and the pliers remove the projectiles very easily, and generally without marking.

Anything I pull I normally use for load development of a powder charge or seating depth tests. If I'm coming to the end of a batch of bullets and I pull them I will put them to one side and use them to fireform Shehane cases.

If you use the hammer type I stuff a bit of foam or rag in the end so when the bullet tip is released and hits the end of the hammer it doesn't damage it. Doesn't really answer your question though!!

dorg,

I think the best use would be somewhat dependent on any damage-it won't be much-and with andybrock's inertia method,minimal.

I had a few hundred Bench Rest 6mm pulled bullets-most had clear 'plier' marks along the body,and a few nicks miscellaneously-I would not have used them in competiton,but they were pretty good as -at least- gong ringers in a 243 (they were 68g).

As Chris says-try them and see.....

gbal

Archived