Hi all - looking for the best bipod possible for my custom HS3 build - prone 1000 yard shooting, any recommendations? Budget up to £80 ideally? Any more and ill have to wait/save!

Best possible and 80 quid don't really go together. That said the for sales section is your friend. Noticed a Dolphin f-class bipod for 115 quid there recently.

The f- class type bipods should give you the stability you want.

1000yard shooting is mainly an exercise in wind judgement.

A factory Rem heavy barrel in 308 will get you there,off an old car jack rest,in around 2 moa (20 inches,in most conditions).

If you want 1/2 moa (5 inches) then you will need a lot more sophisticated gear...£kkks

The Harris bipod-don't get a cheap copy-is just about within your budget -consider a used one. They will serve quite well initially...like all the rest of the gear,you get about 80% of top performance relatively economically,then it gets increasingly spendy with diminishing returns-IF you must go that route. If you want to get shooting-and begin to learn about wind-essential,and no £ can buy that-get a Harris and compromise for now-or keep an eye out for a used f class model-they keep getting 'better' so decent slightly older "only 90% as good" last years' designs come up regularly,though a bit over £100 -as other posts note.Enjoy!

gbal

Cheers for the advice - ill keep my eye out. Not asking for the best possible bipod but for £80. I am asking for the best possible bipod I can get for my £80.... theres a big difference :-)

Good advice though thank you...

Any other options? I like styles like Atlas etc but these are in the £300 mark so way out of reach!

Fudge, if you go the Harris route I would look for a Brms model and podlock. The tilt and podlock make them a lot more user friendly (6-9" or 9-13" depending on what fits you). I did until recently use a Harris on my AIAXMC 338 and that was for me better than an Atlas as I don't like having to preload a bipod but it was on a tactical rifle. For what you describe -1k yard, prone, where you don't need (or want)features such as folding legs you might be better off with features that will help you, such as wide legs for stability and ski feet to help the rifle track back into the rear bag. In other words an f-class bipod. I think it would have to be s/h though.

There's an Atlas copy on one of the shooting Facebook groups. The guy selling it knows he was taken in and has since got the genuine article.
It's cheap at £45. I've seen one of these fakes. They are are nowhere near the quality of the real thing but it'll do the job the OP wants until he can afford something better. And at £45 not a lot wasted.

I found and it's SOLD....

Fudge - I am sure I could work out a deal of some sort. Maybe 4 x instalments.

Yes - expensive but if you have a bipod you keep for years its cheaper in the long run.

And the Phoenix is in a different league - trust me.

Sent you a pm.

Archived