22-250 in AICS mags?

Scotch_egg

No.

You may get 4 out of 5 to work in a 5 round mag, and maybe 6 out 10 in a 10 round mag.

The case is too tapered and because of this, tends to drag rounds forward, and you get miss feeds.

6.5 Swede is just the same.

The T2k mags feed from either side John, so negating a little, the effect of one tapered case on top of another as in an AICS mag.

The problem with a tapered case in a straight mag appears, and is magnified , the more rounds you put in. Hence why a lot of semi,s and machine guns have a bent magazine.

The AICS is designed with a straight follower. I don't think modifying it would help.

This is a new Calibre to me in terms of hands in use.

Will standard AICS mags work or can they at least be tweaked?

have you already got a rifle or variation in place ? If not you could try a 22 br,it snaps on the heels of a 22/250 with less powder and mine feeds 100% out of a aics mag in a t3.also had one built on a R.E.M. 700 would feed vmax and smk but would not feed a 55 gr sbk strangely

have you already got a rifle or variation in place ? If not you could try a 22 br,it snaps on the heels of a 22/250 with less powder and mine feeds 100% out of a aics mag in a t3.also had one built on a R.E.M. 700 would feed vmax and smk but would not feed a 55 gr sbk strangely

Gary, the authority is already on ticket. This one is actually for my dad so the ability to feed it factory ammo is a real plus. After reviewing the replies we will stick to the factory magazine. He doesn't need to run AICS it would have been a bonus as I have a few.

It is interesting to hear that the 22br feeds so well with no modifications.

22 Creedmoor would probably feed better...

Sounds interesting but again too much prep for this project.

Gary, the authority is already on ticket. This one is actually for my dad so the ability to feed it factory ammo is a real plus. After reviewing the replies we will stick to the factory magazine. He doesn't need to run AICS it would have been a bonus as I have a few.

It is interesting to hear that the 22br feeds so well with no modifications.

Sounds interesting but again too much prep for this project.

needing factory ammo does rule the 22 br out for sure,the mag i use does have a 10mm filler block in the rear of the mag just found it did feed better when in the rem 700

Archived