Autotrickler Group Buy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing to eliminate from the equation. If the weight of powder is exactly the same every time (to within +/- 0.001 g) then you have reduced the tolerance on that to as much as is reasonably possible.

If you want to sort bullets or cases by weight (something I do not do but is done by others) see how long it will take you on a beam scale.

I don't use a beam scale to batch cases I use one of the lab scales you quote in your post as I said I have lots of them to choose from I also use it to batch bullet weights. I'm not knocking the product I just don't see any advantage over my current set up and its made in the UK.

I don't use a beam scale to batch cases I use one of the lab scales you quote in your post as I said I have lots of them to choose from I also use it to batch bullet weights. I'm not knocking the product I just don't see any advantage over my current set up and its made in the UK.

Well you are clearly missing out, try loading 300 cases with the Targetmaster in one session and tell me how long it takes.

Then shoot 50 of them over a chronograph and tell me what SD you get.

If you have a beam scale get a Targetmaster (British made) or Dandy Auto Trickler (US made), both work well.

If you have a A&D FX/FZ scale get a Autotrickler (Canadian made).

Plenty of choice for those that want to improve ammo consistency.

Having used all three types of system to weight charges I know which one I'll be sticking with from now on.

I use a targetmaster powder trickler with a tuned hornady beam scale for all my reloads and have done for years. Its made in the UK and it just works.

I use lab scales at work I find they drift and need constant re zeroing to be accurate.

If you are using a A&D FZ120i and it is constantly needing to be re-zeroed then you probably need to get it serviced or, its not actually an A&D FZ120i.

If you are using a A&D FZ120i and it is constantly needing to be re-zeroed then you probably need to get it serviced or, its not actually an A&D FZ120i.

Have to agree with that John. Mine has -never- drifted in use.

I'm back in work next week I will post a picture of the one I use it is serviced twice a year by the manufacturer as are all our lab scales they have to be accurate to four decimal places. But what the heck its of no importance you go with your gut its your money. My opinion counts for nothing.

Is there much advantage to having the internal calibration (FZ-120i) versus the external calibration (FX-120i)? Is the convenience worth the extra £230 ? I suppose you have to factor in the price of the check weight for the FX, but presumably calibration is not required that frequently during a session (as opposed to taring)?

Archived