Which .308 - please vote

David Hancock

Si snipe knows his stuff I heard alot of good things about si he knows his stuff

Its a shame that they was rude about the rifle it looks a very nice rifle but its well worth the travel I'd rather get it from someone who wants to help you out.

I hope the set up will do you well you got a nice bit of kit and the scope wont let you down to. good luck with it mate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice,David-that is what we want in a field (stalking/varminting rifle...though another couple within an inch regular would be nice back up. It's not that often reported-but it should be something the shooter can rely on.

3/5 shot grouping has been checked at some prior stage.

The spot on first cold bore shot has to be reliably repeatable of course-a group won't really do that.

It's perhaps a carry over from precision shooters-who do need very tight groups;but their first shot(s) seldom/never count-sighters/foulers/blow off......and the group may not need to be centered,often by design-or even in the same target area each target....

Advanced 'horses for courses'-the criteria are different,and so are the priorities-including velocity,precision,accuracy.....take what is good for you from other shooting disciplines,but don't imitate all their ctiteria,when they are not yours.

(targeteeers don't care a hoot about energy etc-quite rightly)

gbal

Archived