IOR reliability

adriandavidb

Seriously thinking about getting an IOR Recon; reading online I have seen some question marks over the durability and reliability of IORs generally, although not Recons in particular

I like them but have never seen one up close in the 'flesh' unfortunately

I be interested to here opinions from IOR owners, either contented ones or otherwise?

Thanks

I have three IORs including a Crusader. Would get a Recon as well if they made them in MOA/MOA.

Ignore the snarky comments on Snipers Hide which I think apply to older gen. IORs. The current kit, especially the Recon and Crusader is world class.

I have three IORs including a Crusader. Would get a Recon as well if they made them in MOA/MOA.

Ignore the snarky comments on Snipers Hide which I think apply to older gen. IORs. The current kit, especially the Recon and Crusader is world class.

Yep; it's the Sniper's Hide comments that were some of the more negative I found

Thanks both

The recon is certainly a chunky item, the latest reticule might not be to every bodies taste. I would have preferred the sh68 myself, but with the price including a set of tier one mounts. I've not been disappointed with an earlier 6-24 model, initial squint through the recon looks good.

Stepping up from a 25mm tubed scope you will notice the weight increase on the rifle. If your thinking of using one of these large tubed scopes with an add on night vision, finding a dsa to fit the rear ocular will be an issue. The cobra dsa is too small.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, take anything from the US re. comments with a pinch of salts. If it is not S&B or has been tested by some guy in his back yard ( FFS! ;) ) then it is not up to standard.

Some of the original IOR's were a bit iffy re. QC (I'm talking a good few years ago) but the ones I've looked thru' and fondled had nice glass and good controls - but a bit 'chunky'. If you can live with the size then not a problem.

T

Archived