sako 75 rail

stillair1

I did the same on my M75 Sako. It was a Roedale Precision and fitted very well. I'm sure there are other options out there as well.

As you probably know the Sako 75 can sometimes have its problems with getting accurate action/ mount/barrel alignment.This is especially a problem with Sako/optilock type bases where the rear mount can pull off to one side on tighteneing and can quite visually put the scope pointing down the left side of the action/barrel when viewed from the rear of the rifle.I,ve had 5 75,s over the years and every one has done it.Removal of the stop pin can help but you usually get the base sliding over the front of the dovetail then,,,,,,,There are remedies and I,ve been happy to do them including building in moa by machining but this is not for everyone I appreciate that,,,,,,,,,I mention all this because this lovely action can still give problems when fitting a rail system,,,,you have already mentioned some "fitting" requirement with the Recknagels,,,I think Alanrhone warnes of this but quite doable no doubt,,,the Contessa seems to be just a side clamp job and I guess they have done their homework so you shouldn,t have too much of a problem,,,seems quite simple.If any alignment is needed then you could resort to shimming the dovetails a few thou but this is a little fiddly in just the same way as shimming the optilock bases,,,,,,,,,,If I wanted to fit a rail then I would go Contessa route,,,I think.......

Before anyone jumps on me and says they have never had a problem with the 75 and mount/bases etc I would say all well and good ,,,I know I,m fussy and like as far as possible for things to be straight,,,,you can dial the innards out of your scope out if you want but you really don,t have too!!,,,,Best of luck stillair 1 ,,,,,would be good to know how you got on,,,,,,,,O

• 1 month later...

I went the contessa rail route in the end, easy to fit, first class service from Alan Rhone supplies as usual. However if your after bling then imo the finish on a recknagel rail I have on another rifle is far superior. But the recknagel rail over hangs the barrel end of the breech on my .223 75, whereas the contessa is flush with the length of the breech. Takes your choice and pays your money. Only zeroed at 100yds so far, so hopefully things will be inline to the bore. Unimount was not an option as scope came with rings. :)

Neil

Hi Neil ,,glad your sorted?,,,,,Sorry to be a pain but could you tell me ,,,,if you noticed?,,,,once zeroed how far off from from your scope centre were you once zeroed horizontally.,,,ie are you dialled predominately to left or right correction or was it pretty straight,,,thanks,,,,O

Hi Neil ,,glad your sorted?,,,,,Sorry to be a pain but could you tell me ,,,,if you noticed?,,,,once zeroed how far off from from your scope centre were you once zeroed horizontally.,,,ie are you dialled predominately to left or right correction or was it pretty straight,,,thanks,,,,O

Ah ! Slight school boy error in that I did not check it was opticentered before I started. Let me have a fiddle tonight and I'll report back.

Hi O ,just checked and I have 8mil of clicks left and 10mil right available.

The Sako M591 that I bought for my 6BR build had a set of 2 piece IOR steel picatinny rail mounts. Think they also do a one piece rail. Was a simple knock on fit. Should'nt have sold them but that's hindsight for you......

Archived