22rf AR

terryh

Having a shift round with rifles and as I was importing something else this was in the same delivery:

post-10201-0-17214200-1480681184_thumb.jpg

22rf AR built on Maga Arms upper, lower and free float. ( ref. http://www.megaarms.com/ )

post-10201-0-52112900-1480681231_thumb.jpg

Internals are the pretty much Standard CMMG, trigger is a Wisconsin Trigger co. unit (see here: http://www.wisconsintrigger.com/ ). Barrel is a 2 groove Benchmark turned to a slightly heavier profile to balance out the stock.

post-10201-0-57039800-1480681660_thumb.jpg

Trimmings are the ubiquitous Mapul UBR and Ergo hand grip. Magpul M-LOC plates and sling attachment up front. fitted is a 22CF suppressor by Hausken.

Will be adding a hold open device to use the S&W magazines and enables full AR control functions.

Scope is a March 2.5-25 x 42 in a 20moa 2" cantilever quick release mount by ADM

Balance and feel of the rifle is good with the 18" barrel.

Terry

ps -s should not have sold my Bradley in a moment of weakness :)

What's it for?

1. Everyone should have a 22rf - this is one

2. To be competitive in our clubs 22rf competition (which is also part of the 3 comps that make up the master at arms cup) . You 'could use a ruger 10/22 but I've been down that route, possibly a bolt action - too slow on the fast parts of the comp, so an accurate semi = result.

3. Fun - shooting is fun, these rifles are fun, if you have to ask you would not understand.

4. The AR 'platform' feels right - try it?

5. You can mess around with the configuration to your hearts content

6. Because I wanted one (and not a supported of the 'you should not have that sort of thing' mantra which is effectively a condom on the p r i c k of progress re. Shooting sports in general)

7. Did I say they were fun? :)

8. Rabbits (when requested)

9. To replace the Bradley Arms 22rf AR I foolishly sold

Why do you ask BTW?

Terry

Lapua,

Glad your question was re. 2 and not 6 :)

Our 22 comp is a challenge with both accurate 105 yard stages and 'up close and fast' 7 yard'ers in the same comp, you are only allowed one rifle. I do use a bolt for the 105yard for score aggregate as this is not a timed comp.

My first 22rf did cycle subs and this one uses the same 'guts' so I believe it will, only picked it up from Proof on Thursday and have been on 'dad's taxi' duty since so not shot it yet - but have next week off and will post some results as I've high hopes re. The barrel which is cut from a Benchmade 2 groove normally found on 'winning' 22rf bench rest rifles (see here for information: http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek078.html )

We will see?

Brgds Terry

Terry - nice rifle. But I hope it shoots poorly - I have to shoot against you and I know how tricky those matches are - every year its a toss-up between bolt/auto - most times I seem to make the wrong choice! Good luck with it. :)

Archived