AIM Drag Bags

Blue Haze

Surely it all depends upon what barrel length you have or plan to add.

The Ridgeline bags are a very good alternative. I have an AIM, my son has Ridgeline - they are very similar in design/quality/functionality, in my opinion the only deciding factor is availability and price. One advantage held by AIM is that they offer a special case for rifles with folding stocks, this is the model I have which allows for a long barrel but a much shorter overall length.

These seem like the only logical choice for F class given the firing point access for some ranges...

Given that AIM now do a new 55" bag, would you opt for that, or does the extra length of the 60" have any other merit from those of you who have one?

I've got a 60" AIM drag bag for sale if you're interested? Brand new and never used as too big; got it as an Xmas pressy a couple of years back and it's spent all it's time under a spare bed since!

A number of chaps that shoot F/Open at my club have got the Aim 60, mind you they have got thirty and thirty two inch barrels.

If you’re running a twenty six inch barrel the Aim 50 is the way to go. I got my AI AW in the Aim 50, with two inches to spare.

Measure up your rifle and see if you need a fifty five or sixty bag.

More confusion there Neil-there are already 'range bags'-sort of generic oblong bags for all the bits and pieces of small gear we seem to need.

Should match the Aimbag/other make in colour.Olive green for shooters,black for tacticool,dark earth or coyote for....WHY?

They come in pink,too-I'd think they would show dirt marks rather more,but just the thing for 'boys named Sue.' **

gbal

** "A Boy Named Sue " Johnny Cash

They are named due to their original use. Simple.

If you want a range bag then err buy a range bag. If you want a sturdy means of carrying a rifle both by a handle or shoulder straps then buy a drag bag and Aim make a decent one.

Yes George.ive watched the programmes where they trained the snipers and belly crawled dragging the rifle bag behind them hence the words ( drag bag ).apart from the snipers I've not seen anybody else dragging one.to me a pointless name.

Do you only put a suit in your suitcase? Or your pants in a briefcase? Let's not get into fanny packs...

Archived