New 6BR

Toby

Hi. I had a Sako M591 varmint in 22-250 rebarrelled to 6BR this summer.

LW stainless 1-8"barrel 60cm.

I also went for the McMillan game warden replacement stock, which luckily took under 4mnths from ordering.

Feeds and ejects from floorplate magazine 100%, fast or slow.

Shoots like a BR should from what I have read. Working up loads for 105 Amax and Nosler 70 Ballistic tip.

20161001_124628_zpszitb2uv7.jpg

20161001_125806_zpsxrynys7c.jpg

20160531_192518_zpsyw65z6jr.jpg

20160809_190652_zpsgqzvmjld.jpg

Another superb group from a 6mm br.i looked at one of them x bags the other day and was surprised they were £60 plus but with results like that it's worth every penny.gbal suggested a 15 inch one.i think the one I looked at was 11 inch.cheers swaro

I have had dog gone good bags in all the sizes. My experience is that the medium bench bag is the best compromise for range/ field use.

Longer is better...just as some weight is better than filing woth goose down (easier too!)-the underlying concept is after all,rifle stability under recoil,but Toby makes a sensible compromise-it's got to be portable 'in thefield'..or to the bench....or upstairs...

They can be filled to the users personal refinements. The better ones will have a relatively grippy base,but allow some rifle recoil-in a straight line-along the inner ears-so no 'harris jump'-good though even a size 10 Harris jacket can be,with a nylon slip...'on the hill',or 'in the field' or... :-)

gbal

NB Bench Rest /load developing don't track at all-absolute stability is desired- which might just help explain the different preferences.....as Toby notes in his subsequent post......

The bag pictured in the 3rd pic is the small bench bag. I use this in combination with a rabbit ear rear bag. For foxing I use the medium size which balances my rifle perfectly without the need for additional rests. I tried the large model but it was just too cumbersome and wasn't able to track easy enough when keeping a fox in the crosshairs. So, in hindsight I should of bought another medium instead of going the large,small route :-)

Archived