Back in black

terryh

When my 6.5x47 KMW reached the end of its barrel life I took the opportunity to revamp the rifle, going from camo to black, mainly driven by a new variant of the Sentinel stock.

post-10201-0-97508300-1479742963_thumb.jpg

Action is a pre 2011 Surgeon (i.e. 'a good one' :) ) fitted with a Rifle Basixs trigger. Barrel is a 1:8 Med Palma Benchmark barrel chambered for 6.5x47. Barrel work and Ceracoate (armour black) by Baldie. Smith industry's hider as a thread protector.

post-10201-0-63105900-1479743188_thumb.jpg

The stock is a experimental carbon fibre version of the Mk.2 KMW Sentinel with a McM Edge fill. Action is MarineTex bedded into the stock using Ali pillars. Bottom metal is the dedicated KMW. Adjustable cheek KMW Loggerhead.

post-10201-0-28994700-1479743333_thumb.jpg

The CF looks quite 'industrial' and not shiny - but I actually like that (could be polished if so wish).

Added to the package a TAB PRS sling, a light fill rear bag (with swivel mount to clip to stock) and a couple of the bullet binders - which are rather good and I'll write about these separately. All in black to match.

Not shot it yet, will be working up loads using 130g Berger and JLK's as well as the 'regular' 123g Scanars.

T

Nice terry.my t4a manners stock is still black and I prefer green but not so keen on green with stainless action and barrel.coating has rubbed off in several places where it rubs against my clothes while hunting.i do like the cammo colour.was a 6mm br on here a while back with dpm cammo. Really really nice.

Gents,

It did come out nice, sort of 'absorbs' light.

Re weight etc, just put it on the bathroom scales and it is around 13 pounds with bipod and sling and the March 5-40 scope

Balance point feels about right (to me that is!) and is approx 1" fwd of the front scope rings right in the middle of the hand grip area (which is lucky)

No idea of how much a weight saving there is over the standard model - but I can find out.

T

Archived