Night-sight Eagle

gunner

Does anyone use one on there conventional day scope ? Never read much about them but if they really are a 60 second fit / takeover they may be good , but i suppose its more to do with clarity crispness and detection range - any plus minus points would be good. atb .......

I have the shorter range one, Wolf? Yes, its a 60s job to fit/remove, like most NV addons. Ok for sitting ratting, ball-ache if you're carrying as they're fairly bulky. Hasn't been out of the box since not long after I bought it, Im fortunate to have access to a Ward add-on, Drone, Photon and thermal though so better options.

If Nightsite's laser range finder is anything to go by, you pay a lot for what you get.

What are you intending to use it for?

Rabbit at night and maybe ratting on air gun too , the wards sound ok iv seen em before but ill have another look - cheers

For the cash I don't think you can go far wrong with a Ward-D-Vision add on. Been a couple of used 700s for sale on various forums lately as the replacement 800 has been released, pick up a used 700 with a decent illuminator for quite a bit less than an Eagle I imagine. If dedicated is an option Drones come up for sale used reasonably regularly, probably looking at a 1300-ish for a x10 (1700 new), or as Lee said a Photon perhaps which are cheap as chips.

The only thing I would say is if you buy new getting a Ward quickly can be a bit hit and miss, Clive is a busy chap and his response time to emails and shipping stuff at times annoys people. Also, don't expect a shiny box and posh manual with a D-Vision - buy a Drone or a Pulsar etc if you expect such things! On the flip side, his product backup is faultless from what I've seen/read.

Dunno whereabouts you are in C&G, but if you haven't sorted anything in a few weeks time I'll be popping to a friends out Lechlade-way, you're welcome to have a look through 800/Drone x15/Photon.

Archived