A watch 'Wanted': Omega Seamaster

• 7 months later...

There is a nice 2265.80.00 on eBay at the moment, blue dial and sword hands. Looks in decent condition and also comes with the box. Some real rubbish on eBay at times with bracelets and cases that have been polished to death, but every so often a decent one turns up. You can always sell the box and bracelet to drop the price and wear it on a NATO.

The sword hands seem to go for more than the classic Bond SMP, which I presume is down to numbers as the Bond was the big seller. A full size auto Bond went for £1300 recently with box, papers, new bracelet and recent Omega service.

Thanks, Chris. I'm just about to return one I bought on ebay - bloomin hard to tell what's OK and what's been ruined.

For me, the sword hands are about being able to see the thing at night - gurt big blobs of lume. On the skeleton hand watches, omega returned to the same lume sizes as the competition.

Thanks, Chris. I'm just about to return one I bought on ebay - bloomin hard to tell what's OK and what's been ruined.

For me, the sword hands are about being able to see the thing at night - gurt big blobs of lume. On the skeleton hand watches, omega returned to the same lume sizes as the competition.

I like them both to be honest but the lume on my sword hand SMP is far better than the Bond model I had. Not really an issue for me but if you need decent lume the sword models win by a mile. Watch out for the condition of the bezel as well as you can't get an insert like you can from Rolex, so you have to buy the full bezel at about £300 or get a copy part. Good look in you hunt.

• 3 weeks later...

Went titanium in the end. Deliciously light.

Lume is awesome - three country miles better than Rolex; it's easily readable through the whole night.

Accuracy seems to be about +1spd so far - fingers crossed that it stays around that!

post-1450-0-07332100-1501843420_thumb.jpg

Archived