Show your Accuracy International

geek

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Holy grail!

Although without a doubt the new 3-12's and 5-25's are better optics. Lovely!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My AI AT with 308 and 6.5x47 barrels, S&B 3-20, Spuhr mount, Atlas bipod, SAP 2 round holder.

I had Paddy (danpd) cut the .308 barrel down to 16 inches

PDjlags.jpg

BbBlHyM.jpg

RVjmc8G.jpg?1

I've got a sound moderator that goes on the threaded muzzle break need to get a photo of that though

This is a still from a video I took shooting Prvi Match 168gr

YWFwBYJ.png

My Krieger 6.5x47 Lapua 27 inch 1 in 8 twist barrel, again Paddy chambered and threaded this barrel and it is an absolute hammer! He also made a delrin thread protector so that the chamber threads don't get damaged when a barrel isn't on the gun. I use a set of fixit sticks to torque the barrel, did a little test the other day taking the barrel off after every shot and it held a perfect zero I'm very impressed with the AT and happy I upgraded my AE MKIII for this.

N2U779D.jpg

AGjCKbW.jpg

I'm currently looking for a complete Accuracy International 7.62x51 AW with a green Fixed stock if anyone has one or knows of one for sale.

Ideally looking for something in its packing case with every issued part with it, muzzle break, scope, bi-pod, cleaning rods, magazines, sling etc

But happy to source parts separately if needed.

Kind Regards

Steve

11 hours ago, Steve7.62 said:

I'm currently looking for a complete Accuracy International 7.62x51 AW with a green Fixed stock if anyone has one or knows of one for sale.

Ideally looking for something in its packing case with every issued part with it, muzzle break, scope, bi-pod, cleaning rods, magazines, sling etc

Kind Regards

Steve

Hi,there's one on guntrader now complete AW308 setup, Schmidt and bender ,mod,bipod aim dragbag ect. ect.sorry folder though

£5250

Edited by Villadave59
Extra info

The difference in weight is an ounce or so, bettween the non  and folding stocks

Resale time the folder is more desirable....

Weight isn't the issue I just want a fixed stock as a personal preference. Resale value isn't a factor for me either as once I have one I wouldn't consider parting with it.

Finding an origional AW with a fixed stock that hasn't has the AT/AW thumbhole conversion or seams around the thumbhole appears to be the hardest thing to find.

I know they're out there... it's just finding one.

• 1 month later...

Hi mark mine is similar but 26" 308 ,also 26" 6.5cm which Dave from Valkyrie made for me ,I've only just run it in and need to find more time to enjoy it properly luckily I have land approved for the creedmoor and need to get reloading for it ,early signs are very good using hornady factory ammo , I bet the 20" barrel makes it more manageable I nearly went for that on the 6.5 but thought I'd see how I get on first ,can always get it shortened later !

6 hours ago, markymark said:

Thought I should finally get around to posting up a pic of my AX308:

IMG_1825.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

Hi,

Where did you get your moderator cover from?

cheers

On 09/02/2018 at 7:35 PM, Steve7.62 said:

Kind Regards

Steve

There are 2 AW’s on gunstar at the moment, certainly worth a look, and as for building a kit there is a guy who advertises parts on Facebook (grey man militaria), he comes up trumps with loads af nice bits.

• 3 weeks later...