Show your Accuracy International

geek

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new boy to the forum here. I have a spare .308 slot and would like to get an AI. For the AXMC users, did anyone add a variation to there FAC for .338 first and if so did you have a hard time explaining to the police that riffle can be 2 calibers?

Hi all, new boy to the forum here. I have a spare .308 slot and would like to get an AI. For the AXMC users, did anyone add a variation to there FAC for .338 first and if so did you have a hard time explaining to the police that riffle can be 2 calibers?

If you order a AXMC is will come in .338 as the primary calibre

All other barrels/calibres are optional to this

For my AX308, it went on as 'one 7.62/0.308 rifle', with two spare barrels in 6mm and 6.5mm. I just explained to them what it was for and they said 'No problem Sir'. But then again, this is Wiltshire Firearms, who are a thoroughly professional bunch.

I think that you would need to do a variation to the primary calibre.

Hi

I had a 308 slot and simply asked sporting services for a long action AXMC but with a 308 conversion in place of the 338 LM barrel

I paid for the long action not the short action but means that I can now get the 300 win mag or 338 LM bolts and barrels and could also get a 6.5 creedmoor barrel and use it with the 308 bolt

There was no issue with the police - its a 308 rifle

I am not sure about 338LM vs 300 win mag given the former cannot be used at Bisley so have not put a variation in

Hi

I had a 308 slot and simply asked sporting services for a long action AXMC but with a 308 conversion in place of the 338 LM barrel

I paid for the long action not the short action but means that I can now get the 300 win mag or 338 LM bolts and barrels and could also get a 6.5 creedmoor barrel and use it with the 308 bolt

There was no issue with the police - its a 308 rifle

I am not sure about 338LM vs 300 win mag given the former cannot be used at Bisley so have not put a variation in

Thanks, I think that's the way I'll go about it!

I guess no one at AI has ever experience Sportsman's customer (lack of) service then?

• 1 month later...

Me too - and previously I have been stupid enough to go back to confirm how bad it is

Now they at least show delivery times on the things in stock rather than taking your money and ignoring your for 4 months - but I ask you - A 1000 Lapua Scenar 155's (hardly exotic!) - due 17 October - 17 December 2017 !!!!! go have a look. They can offer the frankly meagre discounts by taking your money and banking it until they have a big enough order so they A, get lower costs, and B, don't have to invest so much in inventory.

My brother and I have had scope levels missing parts, bullet shipments that missed rounds or whole boxes of rounds or took 4 months to complete, bullet puller with wrong inserts sent twice and more including a rifle order that did not get passed on to the importer for 7 weeks. To add insult to injury any issues seem to be dealt with by a training scheme youth whose distinguishing characteristic is always Parisian waiter levels of insouciance delivered in a west country accent ( Don't start, I am painting a picture here not having a go, I'm half Cornish)

rant over

I only pray they are not let anywhere near the British Army contract

Me too - and previously I have been stupid enough to go back to confirm how bad it is

Now they at least show delivery times on the things in stock rather than taking your money and ignoring your for 4 months - but I ask you - A 1000 Lapua Scenar 155's (hardly exotic!) - due 17 October - 17 December 2017 !!!!! go have a look. They can offer the frankly meagre discounts by taking your money and banking it until they have a big enough order so they A, get lower costs, and B, don't have to invest so much in inventory.

My brother and I have had scope levels missing parts, bullet shipments that missed rounds or whole boxes of rounds or took 4 months to complete, bullet puller with wrong inserts sent twice and more including a rifle order that did not get passed on to the importer for 7 weeks. To add insult to injury any issues seem to be dealt with by a training scheme youth whose distinguishing characteristic is always Parisian waiter levels of insouciance delivered in a west country accent ( Don't start, I am painting a picture here not having a go, I'm half Cornish)

rant over

I only pray they are not let anywhere near the British Army contract

So if i want a new one who can i buy it from ?

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Got my AT from York guns via sporting services very happy with service also bought AI bipod and scope mount fro Graeme , shooting 155,s from lapua hornady berger and Sierra tmks got these from 1967 spud and local shop who deals with Hannams all without problems with supply

Cheers Richie