Show your Accuracy International

geek

I started such a tread a while ago, however it disapeared for some unknown reason, so following my previous post on the subject of a (number of ) picture threads heres the first one - Accuracy International

Please show a picure of your AI, maybe a few words on specification, any changes / modifications and why you purchased an AI (I apologise in advanced for being a bit of an AI fan boy).

Here is mine - AI AT, 308, 26" barrel, AI muzzle brake, Schmidt and Bender PM II 12-50x56 (second focal plane with P4 fine reticle), AI bipod, Next step is a thumbhole stock conversion. I purchased an AI (50th Birthday present to myself), because I like the style of rifle, I enjoy McQueens comps and thought it would be a suitable choice whilst also allowing me to participate in other forms of completion and general target shooting.

post-13791-0-63720500-1479047527_thumb.jpg

post-13791-0-45693900-1479047538_thumb.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be it a accuracy international or a remy copy in that drab olive or flat dark earth will always be my favorite looking rifle.the scope on this one looks like shorter mounts are needed.

AI-6.5x47.jpg

One of my favourite rifles is my ancient AI/AE chambered in 6,5x47. These days it looks virtually the same however with a CG M22 trigger and biathlon sling and is my long distance rabbit rifle. I have also reduced the length of the legs on the bipod by an inch or so and added some short spikes to stop the rifle moving forward when I load the bipod up.The odd looking cheek piece is because I could never get on with the original set-up and the rear butt spacers are because I took the original out to use as a template.

Next job is to bush the firing pin aperture and fit a smaller diameter firing pin which I have been threatening to do for the last 5 years!

never%20mind_zps8yz5aqm3.gif

Tea everywhere.....thanks for that!

shaggy - that is a thing of beauty !!

What calibre?

I agree, wish similar was within my budget when I purchased my AT: unfortunately it wasn't - you are lucky indeed.

It would be interesting to compare to an AT of equivalent calibre.

never%20mind_zps8yz5aqm3.gif

Gotta love Mr Fillion. I wonder if he can identify rifles from different manufacturers....... :D