Adjusting Bushnell Elite 3200 Objective

Birleyshooter

Hi All,

I have the above scope and the parallax is set to about 150m. I love this scope, but do not use it at such distances as it sits on my 22LR. So Im interested if it can be adjusted to a closer parallax say 80m.

Yes I know if I remove the objective the nitrogen will escape and the world will end.

I also know that it will invalidate any warranties.

I have read some Youtube post that say scopes can be adjusted.

I have tried, by hand, to loosen the objective, but it does seem tight and I can't budge it.

My question, specifically, is, has anybody adjusted this model of scope? If so how? Simples.

Many thats in advance

Birleyshooter,

I haven't done it on that particular scope, but I have on a Leupold and I would imagine the process would be the same.

Not sure if that link below will open up the thread for you but if not do a search for that topic, it was in riflescopes & NV (surprisingly!)

adjusting a fixed parrallax scope

Good luck,

Richard.

Not done any Bushnells but a few others over the years,,,,,,best practice to loosen the front objective collar is to mount the scope securely in some mounts and clamp mounts in a good vice .Get some rubberised garden or protective gloves and use both hands locked around the collar..Most scopes I,ve come across are well tight but found that applying an enduring twist will eventually unsettle the usually present rubber o ring that causes the tightness.

Some scopes do not require that collar to be loosened simply making up a key to fit the locking ring next to the objective lens carrier,,,,,,,yep theses can be tight too!!!

To set parallax to closer ranges one would normally be looking to unscrew or move the objective lens further forward.,,,,,good luck.....O

Archived