Ft-r type bipods

Neil,just time to pop my contact lenses in before the Rugby International.....

It gets subjective. No,I don't think there would be much in it,as they all benefit from a back bag support...

and it depends on conditions "under bipod foot" a bit,and shooting style-like alllowing rifle to recoi a tad.etc.

Some 'F" bipods are designed to slide over surface (ski feet) to avoid the Harris type recoil jump....back bag will make that smoother.See too all the discussion about differential loading of Harris/Atlas models,eg.

I like the Seb coax (joystick) for it's superb sensitive control,the Rempel for real stability,and the Evo is OK.....but none of these are carry/stalking numbers-big (not heavy neccessarily) and don't fold.....way too 'cumbersome' and .1 moa improvement is illusory/unimportant in most field shooting.None of them are close to a heavy BR front rest-which of course needs a heavy rear bag too....

It's very much 'horses for courses...and jockeys'

There is no 'All Black' option which wins every time......well,not in bipods-as distinct from rifles,eh Bradders? :-)

G

Firing points I shoot off is shortish grass. My recent experience have a feel of the seb type rest with joystick and a rear bag with a big foot print was unbelievably stable.i was easily holding the dot sub 2 inches at 1000yds target.quite remarkable.cheers George

Absolutely- a concrete bench doesn't add much wobble either!

The seb Max-wow!- and seb neo and Farley co axial BR rests are VERY stable-but heavy-20 + lb.

The Sebpod co-ax bipod is pretty good,can't possibly have the ultimate stability,

If only the wind respected the dot-really the aiming mark (fine cross hair for me,though dot at 100y) should not move at all,perceptibly-nor indeed the rifle.....give the wind a sporting chance.... :-)

G

lurking in the shadows bri waiting to pounce .ive not ruled out the pheonix pod.

Very favourably reviewed eg by VInce (Gun Pimp), though not from the field shooter's perspective.

Definitely a strong contender for (range type) shooting .

gbal

Very favourably reviewed eg by VInce (Gun Pimp), though not from the field shooter's perspective.

Definitely a strong contender for (range type) shooting .

gbal

Does look good, it has a number of attractive design features.

Comments on bipod finished ....

When was the last time we had a review of anything that said 'crock of sh**e don't buy this'. I even read a review of some Sauer by Pete Moore that did all the usual b/s stuff, then in some other article online he says he has never liked the Sauer as it should shoot a lot better given the cost ! Waste of time, no point buying the magazines as they are just full of nonsense. Certainly the shotgun ones are written by people that can't shoot worth a stuff, and aren't fit to advise their children about shooting never mind the rest of us.

Monday morning...

When I used to write for Target Sports magazine I would never have said 'crock of sh**e don't buy this'. The gun trade is too fragile to start rubbishing one another. Advertising is key to any magazine's survival. However I have refused to review items which were 'a crock of sh**e'.

Now that I edit Target Shooter magazine www.targetshooter.co.uk I prefer to review items which I like and other shooters might also like. But, I try to be honest as well.

Archived