Tiger , Tiger.....

Just finished this today.

IMG_1849_zpsot9uef0n.jpg

Its a Defiance Deviant action, married to a Krieger 1 in 8.5" blank. Chambered in 6.5 x 47 Lapua.

Muzzle is threaded 18mm x 1 and invisible capped, it also has a 3 port brake.

IMG_1852_zpsialguya6.jpg

Paint is Ceracoat H series Armour black on all metalwork.

Trigger is one of the new Cadex 2 stage triggers. This was chosen because its the only one [ to my knowledge ] that has an upper limit suited to the CSR practical rifle class of 1.5Kg, which is what its going to be used for.

The floor plate is one of the excellent Stiller units, chosen because it has a large flared maxwell, and will accept the AW magazine, as well as the AICS. The action will function with the double stack mags.

IMG_1850_zpszojj3o03.jpg

Then the fun started.

The floor plate was the wrong angle to match the SSS A5 copy stock. It had to be machined out and bedded in, with the plate sat off the stock on Devcon. Then the latch length altered to suit. Pillars installed and full action bedding.

That done, and all dry building proving it worked, I set about the stock.

What should have been a one day job, turned into 5 with various problems with the stock. All were overcome, but it will be the last.

Paint is the " Bengal" pattern in Duracoat with airbrushed highlights. Flowed around the devon seat for the floor plate, so it all looks like it was meant to be there.

IMG_1854_zpslswvdtfm.jpg

IMG_1855_zpsoevarkpk.jpg

IMG_1856_zpsq24wg42w.jpg

Excellent build bits.

Aesthetically,it's pure poetry *...

( "Tiger,Tiger burning bright.........

Whatever the CSR shooter wannabe,its not service,unless the Royal Bengal Lancers have upped their game. :-)

gbal

* of course,there are other poems....

Do you know, I can't do right for doing wrong. When i post green, or cammo rifles, people moan.

When I post "distressed" pattern rifles...people moan.

This is something, for a guy who likes fancy, out of the ordinary paint jobs.

remember guys....these are not my own guns....they are commissioned by customers.

One-offs....

That is the true meaning of custom.

one man's meat, and all that.

Do you know, I can't do right for doing wrong. When i post green, or cammo rifles, people moan.

When I post "distressed" pattern rifles...people moan.

This is something, for a guy who likes fancy, out of the ordinary paint jobs.

remember guys....these are not my own guns....they are commissioned by customers.

One-offs....

That is the true meaning of custom.

one man's meat, and all that.

Agree with the above Dave 100%

A lot of my rifles aren't to everyone's tastes, but to me they are pure eye candy and that's all I care about.

Now the Tiger Tiger isn't to my taste but I applaud the man who had it done, he's got balls and something very very different to the mainstream.

You lot are missing the point, it's not the daft paint job, its the creeping in of 6.5x47 into CSR and trying to win points by calibre advantage

This isn't what we're about

Take it to F-Class

The plot has been lost!

You lot are missing the point, it's not the daft paint job, its the creeping in of 6.5x47 into CSR and trying to win points by calibre advantage

This isn't what we're about

Take it to F-Class

The plot has been lost!

I think you and I both know that calibre has nothing to do with winning in CSR Mark.

A good shot will beat everyone whether its 6.5 , .308 , or .223.

Besides, nowhere in the practical class rules, does it stipulate calibre...service neither, although we all generally accept that .308 , .223 and .303 are de rigeur in service.

I think you and I both know that calibre has nothing to do with winning in CSR Mark.

A good shot will beat everyone whether its 6.5 , .308 , or .223.

Besides, nowhere in the practical class rules, does it stipulate calibre...service neither, although we all generally accept that .308 , .223 and .303 are de rigeur in service.

You're absolutely right there, but that leads on to those that think they can gain an advantage via calibre

If only it was so

Now i would love to take that baboon bashing from a distant vantage point , then vultures . :)

Archived