diy nightvision

rhhudson

Hey,

just debating whether to have a go building a nv scope add on, i know they wont be as efficient as a purpose made one but for the cost???

has anyone else on here ever built/ got one?

thanks

rhhud

Speak to my mate phil on here know as activeii he has made a few now and pretty cheaply . He regularly foxes and does very well . He shot 5 of mine in one nite last time i invite him for fox .

Hey,

just debating whether to have a go building a nv scope add on, i know they wont be as efficient as a purpose made one but for the cost???

has anyone else on here ever built/ got one?

thanks

rhhud

I have messaged you

Don't get into thinking that factory is better. Alot of them use the ideas that come from the collective on the forums and then put a package together. And ass a price tag. Ok the tube built are the better end but any of the camera and screen with preform just as well as a home built but at less than £200 and time in the workshop.

Once you start you will be making them for friends, then comes the spotters and the recorders then youtube

Went down this route sometime ago now, built a nitesight type affair with the screen perched on top it worked but couldn't get on with head position , then looking to improve as we do ,bought a nt300 which was good but not with my nightforce scope, then came the wd700 which was very good tidy unit but again no good with my scope ,so I guess what I am driving at is when you factored price of build and if you have or haven't already got a suitable scope ,you will probably not be far of price of the photon , i enjoyed the build but the results in hindsight probably not worth the cost and effort , I now have the drone which is excellent just need another rifle to leave it on permanently as I seem to spend half my life checking zero ,when I just had rifle day scope combo I could just walk out the house and have the confidence to go shoot all the swoping about for me is not ideal ,having said all that if you fancy having a go nightvisionforum is the place you'll learn all you need to know

Lee

Archived